Hog hunt of a lifetime!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog hunt of a lifetime!!!!!

I went hunting yesterday at my usual spot in hope of a deer or hog or varmit of some kind to come by me. I haven't hunted the stand in 3 weeks, so I figured the hogs would be coming pretty good without being so spookish. I got to my stand and I notice fresh hog droppings all around the feeder. I got in the stand at 5 and at 5:15 here comes a group of hogs out straight in front of me about 80 yards going down the creek bed away from me. My heart was pumping, needless to say they left and I didn't seem them again there was around 10-15 hogs in that group. Feeder goes off at 6:30 and 5 minutes later here comes a black sow and 5 piglets. So I waited until the sow provided me a quarting away shot and I drew back, waited a minute for her to turn back around and Whack. So she goes off running down the creek until I couldn't see her again. The piglets stayed at the feeder so I knocked an arrow and shot one. I was determined to get rid of as many hogs as possible. Well he goes about 30 yards and beds up in this tall grass. The other piglets ran off, but then came back. So I knocked my last arrow and shot another piglet who went 60 yards and fell over. So I get down off the stand 3 pigs down, I pick up the 2 arrows that went through the piglets, and I walk over to the very last piglet I shot. He was on a trail layed over barely breathing, so I just kneeled down and knocked an arrow that I had already shot and I thought I would just wait for him to die.
    All of sudden here comes more hogs and they are coming right down the trail the piglet was on. Well I figured they could see me, but no they didn't even know I was there, so I drew back and the leader of the group froze and at like 6 yards or so I shot the hog right through the head and he dropped. 4 HOGS in one evening. I was excited to say the least, it was God's birthday gift to me is what I have been saying. Anyways I we found 2 of the hogs yesterday evening before it got dark and then this morning we found the black sow that I shot first, she went like a 150 yards before she died. I lost the second piglet that I shot that bedded up in tall grass last night when I spooked him and he got up and ran a ways, I was shocked to say the least that he was still alive. 3 out of 4 hogs shot and found in one evening I would say was a very good evening of hunting and the most hogs I have shot in one setting ever. I couldn't hardly pick that black sow up
    Attached Files

Heck of a hunt. Congrats on your kills.

Comment

Congrats! looks like fun.

Comment

May have to start calling you "The Hoginater"

Congradulations !!

Comment

very nice, congrats

Comment

Nice piglets- mmm rotisserie style!

Comment

Nice hogs! Congrats

Comment

Wow, that's the way you lay'em down!!! Congratulations.

Comment

Congrats, way to lay them critters out.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Great job!

Comment

nice job!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys , I like the name "Hoginater" .

Comment

congrats

Comment

Congrats!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X