First whitetail with a bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First whitetail with a bow

After posting the age and score thread. I was worried that I had missed my opportunity with this deer. I had seen this buck opening weekend only in the
    morning. He came out at 6:45 both Saturday and Sunday at 15 yards from my tripod. I got some good clean photos to post and and got the feedback I was hoping for on this being a mature deer. I couldn't take it anymore yesterday at so I left early at 3 to get some corn back out in front of the tripod. He wouldn't go to the feeder but he came to the hand corn both days on the previous weekend. I got up a 5 got to the stand early, and put my hand corn out, and went through the normal routine. First try to get my big but in the tripod without falling off Send get my pack off, and last get my bow set up and ready to go!! My allergies have been bad since the weather change and just knew I blew it this morning. I probably woke up every deer in Goliad county this morning sneezing and blowing my nose(I remember I had put a benadryl in my pocket) and problem solved. My feeder goes off and I know in 10 minutes he will be there if I didn't scare him off, but 45 minutes goes by and it's now 7:30 and I'm getting ready to call in a day when I catch movement from the brush behind me when I put my camera up. It was the buck with another small 9 point. I waited for both bucks to get out of my shooting lane so I could get my bow from the holder.
    What seemed like 5 minutes (probably 15 seconds) I waited for my buck to get back in the shooting lane and offer the right shot. I didn't make a great shot as I must have caught the rear part of the shoulder blade and he droped right there, but had to put another arrow in him to seal the deal.
    Here are a few before and after photos.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jc207; 10-05-2010, 07:38 PM.

No pics. Congrats though!

Comment

Originally posted by simp76 View Post
      No pics. Congrats though!
      I hit the wrong button(getting good at that on here lately).

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very nice buck !
          Congrats !!

Comment

Very Nice brother.. Congratulations

Comment

Thank You! I am the guy who posted, put the camera down and SHOOT ALREADY!Congrats, you were making me nervous.Great Buck!

Comment

Very well done and a nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Nice buck !
                  Congrats !!

Comment

nice buck, congrats

Comment

good pics congrats on the kill

Comment

Cool!!! Congrats

Comment

Nice buck.......good job!

Comment