Lee County report and poachers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lee County report and poachers?

I have been hunting Lee county for the last 8 or so years. I am hunting between FM 696 and 21 east of Lexington just off the Yegua. I have had trouble in the last 2 or 3 years with poachers. I have found multiple does that have been cleaned in my mesquite thickets and oak bottoms. Even had some stuff stolen and my stands hunted. Has anyone else had this problem? I have a great relationship with the game warden and we talk frequently. We are doing our best to catch them. Just his presence alone made a big difference last year. Back to my original reason for post. Whats the season looking like for Lee county? I saw lots of does last year and just as many good young bucks 8pts and under. Got a look at two good shooters last year. One was a 130-140 and the other over or close to the 150s. Both with their head down and trailing a doe. You think its looking better or worse than last year?

Man I hate to hear this. Are you ine the wildlife association? If not you may want to join and meet some of your neighbors.

Comment

I have a place that i can hunt right where 77 and 21 intersect. I have seen some nice bucks this year. They are just not coming to the feeders because of all the acorns and browse. I think there will be some large deer killed this year in lee county.

Comment

As for the 2010 outlook it is very good. We have several 130 inch deer on camera but they are all too young to shoot.

Comment

I had a chance to hunt three days. We took some good does off the place, left alot more. Shot a few pigs. Saw alot of young bucks. I saw one good buck. I couldn't tell just how big but definately a shooter (130-150??). Moving off pretty quick at about 200 yds. Looks good for 2010. Ready to get back in the tree! Ready for the rut to kick in so the mature bucks will move a little better during the day. Got a good set up this year and these deer have not been bow hunted in the last 10-15 years that I know of. They don't have a clue. I have rifle hunted this place only in the past.

Comment

Working...
          X