One Mess up, Two Animals down!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Mess up, Two Animals down!!!!

Well I had a good weekend out with Keith Johns Outdoors!!! I arrived Friday evening and met up with my college roommate at his parents house in Floresville. We loaded up the truck and headed down the road about 15 minutes. The place in a section of land that is high fenced and also has two high fenced pens on the interior of the place. One is 65 acres where he keeps his new animals for a little while to monitor them. The is 165 acres where he does most of his spot and stalk. Some of the stands are ladder stands 15ft tall and the rest are the woodsy two's.

My hunt started Saturday morning in a stand over looking a field of 10 acres. I had every kind of animal he has on the place show up at the feeder or pass through withing shooting distance. I saw Red Deer, Axis, Fallow, Rams, Pigs, Blackbuck, Sika....I bet I had fifty animals come in that morning.

I was after axis doe and pigs didn't see any doe all bucks and the pigs would never come out of the brush.

After the morning hunt myself, my old roommate, Keith, his boy Wade, Hitman and Bowsox all head to do some spot and stalk. We ened up sticking three pigs but could not find any of them.

Saturday afternoon I head to a stand that has not been hunted in a while. It was about fifty yards above a creek the flows down into a tank about 100 yards away....with it being so hot Keith thought the animals would be moving through to water. I have video that I need to edit and as soons as I do I will post it. But again I saw alot of animals about 30 this hunt. I ended up taking a nice sized sow and an Axis doe. I put good shots on both and the axis only made it about 50 yards and the pig 70....Overall I rate this place ALLSOME....and Keith is a heck a host....the Lodging is not 5 star but they are in the process of getting a new one built that should be ready by deer season.

The mess up was on my video. Its been so long since I have shot anything on video I was a little rusty and forgot to press the record button when I shot the pig....lol anyway here are the pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	ORIGINAL PHOTOS FROM HP DESKTOP 037.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	23832972
    snake boots.jpg

congrats on the meat. Looks like a lot of fun and a good place to hunt.

Comment

Nice recap, congrats.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats. Glad to see things went well after we left.

Comment

Congrats there young-un . Looks like ya gonna have some fine eaten.

Comment

Sounds like a great hunt. Does he have a website? I'd like to check it out.

Congrats on the critters.

Trailboss

Never mind about the website - found it.
              Last edited by trailboss; 07-03-2007, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Cool pics, Congrats on your hunt!

Comment

congrats on the double

Comment

Congrats! I'll have to give his website a look see.

Comment

Here is the finished Video. Not my best work....the LDV is poor. It was all I could do to get as much light as I did.
                      CLICK THE IMAGE!!!

Comment

Sweet job Dustin! Thanks again for talking with me the other day!

Comment

Nice combo platter. Congrats

Comment

I'll tell you what, if you haven't booked with Keith yet, you'll be kicking yourself at the end of the season. I'm booked with him the first week in Oct. for a WT & buffalo hunt. Not just a great ranch, a great guy.

Comment

Oops, Great Job Dustin & Congratz

Comment

Working...
                              X