Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am new to the site but this has to be one of the best stories i have read..........awesome job mike you did something every bow hunter dreams of....congrats and i wish you the best......

Comment

Congrats Michael, what an amazing job you've done with this. only one word comes to mind: OUTSTANDING!!!!! i am in awe at the whole write up. the pictures are like no others i've ever seen. WOW! I have been talking about going for the last 3 months. depressed by being unable to secure a commitment from any friends to join me. I had given up on the idea. After reading your story I am inspired and have to go. with or with out a friend I will go in 2012. If it's alright with you, I will be contacting you with 2 million questions. thanks so much, Jim

Comment

thats awesome

Comment

Guys,

Since the thread came back up, I just wanted to post one more time and say I truly appreciate all the kind words I received about this thread. Just as much as I enjoyed the hunting, sharing it with you and receiving such positive response was also equally enjoyable.

It would take another 15 pages to thank each of you personally as I thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your responses, without a doubt....the green screen is made up of a special bunch

Finally, I hope to make it back there in a couple to few years, and would probably like to go with a group this time. Outfitters usually give pretty good discounts if a small group gets together. Anybody interested in going in a few years, let me know and maybe we can get something planned. No hurry though.....still have a few mounts to pay for first!!!!

Comment

Awesome stuff Michael,great writeup,congrats on all the kills

Comment

i remember that baboon with no tail, i wanted to dust him too! i ended up taking out his buddy though. got a sweet video of it too, posted on the videos section.

great patience writing up the story.

Comment

Just read it all! Awesome.

Comment

Wow! What a write up.

Was just at the Safari Club Houston event this past Sunday looking at all the Africa options.

Can't ask for anything more than the first hand write up here.

What an experience!

Comment

That must have been an awesome trip. You must have a very understanding wife, I bet she wished she had gone after seeing how much you enjoyed it. I may get there someday before I get too old. I would love to take my son there, maybe a college graduation trip.............again, just awesome.

Comment

Congrats on what sounds like a great trip. Looks like it was a blast!

Comment

Great write up!!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                          This time, the arrow did perfectly find its mark. She was quartering away and the arrow entered behind the ribs continuing forward through her vitals. She let out the loudest roars you could possibly imagine while trying to maintain position in the tree.

As she jostled about, trying to locate the source of her sensation, I witnessed her life beginning to fade. The expiration of an animal is obviously the planned culmination of any hunt, but honestly speaking.....while on one hand grasping the enjoyment of the experience in such a hunt, I also encountered a slight degree of sadness observing such a respectful and magnificent animal's life coming to an end.
                          This is amazing!

I have to agree with you just living this experience through your words saddens me a little to see such a majestic cats life end this way. Although I would love to harvest one my self.

Comment

awsome!

Comment

simply amazing, I hope to do that someday.

Comment

Incredible write up, awesome pics, and a fantastic story! Congratulations on the hunt of a lifetime!

Comment

Working...
                                X