Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m bewildered at how I missed this incredible Thread…

I applaud you on your success and putting together the absolute, best thread I have witnessed on this site!

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing this amazing adventure! Very well written and excellent photos. That seems to be a hunt of a lifetime. Don't know that I will ever have an opportunity like that. It was fun to tag along from behind the green screen. Do us a favor and post some pics of the mounts when their done!!!

Comment

I just saw this thread today. Wow! Epic! Truly epic!

Comment

All I can say is WOW, I'm at a loss for words... My work has been crazy lately so I spent the last 3 days of lunch hours to finish this amazing thread. I too plan on a trip to Africa with my father in a couple of years and your thread alone has blown my drive for that through he roof. Great job Michael and thank you for taking the time to share your amazing experience..

Comment

This was an awesome story!! Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

that's is truly an asome adventure. congrat's

Comment

dude this story is kick ***! i also just made my first trip to Africa, and hunted with Dries Visser Safaris. Keep it coming!

Comment

What a hunt and great story! A huge congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats to you on all of your kills it was very awesome to have read this whole story I couldn't get away from it! Thank you for sharing your hunt with us!

Comment

I'm SO glad that this thread was brought back up! I started reading it in the beginning as you were posting the intro and pics, and then intended to come back later to catch up when I had time to sit down and read through it. Every time I saw the thread, I never seemed to have enough time. Seeing it earlier today, I decided I'd make time this evening to do it.

Jeanette and I just read through the entire thing together! What an amazing hunt! I KNOW how much time it takes to do a weekend recap, so I can only imagine how much time it took to do 12 days, with the majority of the pics being frame grab from video! I applaud your effort. The pics, LDP's and animals were breathtaking, made even more enjoyable by your well written words! Whether intentional or not, your posting style added to the anticipation of the next post!

I've never really thought much about going to Africa, but reading through this has me inspired. I'd definitely like to pick your brain. I can see myself making this trip in the future.

My late grandfather hunted Africa many times. He had a HUGE game room full of all kinds of mounts. He eventually donated most of it to various museums. He shot three zebras in his years of hunting africa, and had rugs made. My parents had the largest of the three in our house as I was growing up. It was beautiful.

Congratulations again, Michael. I'm embarrassed that it took me this long to read this, but I really enjoyed it! Thanks for taking the time, and thanks for sharing it with us. I can't wait to see the video!
                      My Flickr Photos

Comment

I don't know how the hell i missed this thread!!!
                        Greatness!! Thread of the year!

Comment

Wow congrats on all the animals. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I just ran across this thread.......Just amazing. A really good read- in about 3 hours. If it were possible, I would vote this for a STICKY, or Velvet Elvis ( dont really know what it is, but I think it applies here). Anyway, congratulations to you Michael! You done good.

Comment

That was a great write up. Amazing pictures. I kept a journal both times I went to South Africa (the last time with Dries Visser 2009) but don't think I could come close to matching your detail and description. Just an awesome job. Thanks for sharing. I wish everyone that went would do the same. Antonie just stopped by my house on his way to the Reno SCI show and told me about this site and your writeup. Took a while to read but well worth it. Thank, John

Comment

Can't believed I missed this..... I feel ashamed... best thread I've ever read and ever will!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X