Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is awesome Mike! I remember how excited you were about the trip when we were in Axis camp, happy you finally lived it. Can't wait for more!!!

Comment

waiting for more

Comment

Looks like your were having to ruff it.

Comment

Awesome so far!! Can't wait for the rest!! The pictures are great.

Comment

This is fantastic! Waiting patiently.

Comment

good stuff! About as good of coverage as I seen. However, I'm a little disappointed in the lack of food pics.

Comment

Cant wait for the real pics!!!!

Comment

Man you have me sittin on the edge of my seat already!

Comment

Suspense is killin me! Need more of this story and pics!

Comment

Come on, keep it coming

Comment

Keep it coming, Michael! We're anticipating the hunt to come!

Comment

When the PH went to knock on my door the next morning, I was saying "Good Morning" before his hand could even touch the door. After the restless night of little sleep, I was wide awake, fully dressed and ready to go when he came to my door. We headed over to the new lodge for a hot breakfast. I put in my request to the kitchen staff and in a short time was enjoying one of my normal favorites of two eggs over easy, bacon and toast. I will apologize in advance because this entire thread will be severely lacking of food pictures. With this crowd, I should have known better.....

After the breakfast, we located an archery block and shot a few arrows. Talk about pressure, try having a couple of PH's, trackers, skinners, and various other camp workers with all eyes casually on you as your drawing back with that first arrow of the entire trip. To my dismay, everything seemed to hit a little low. I shot a few more times with the same results but chalked it up to being a little tired and nervous. After a few more, it got a little better, but honestly I just wasn't shooting well.

Comment

The plan was to load up in the hunting truck and drive the roads looking for tracks. Anthony explained to me that the lions like to walk down the roads in the sandy soil and that through driving the many roads, tracks could be located. Once a track was located, it would be determined how fresh it was as well as the size of the lion. Once we located a fresh track, the hunting would begin.

Here's a few pictures of us loading up to begin the hunt.
                            Attached Files

Comment

As we drove along looking for tracks, the warmth of the sun's rays was very refreshing on my face to offset the slightly cool morning, heightened by my anxiety and excitement over the hunt.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Driving across this beautiful landscape looking for fresh tracks, I could see a wide variety of plains game animals from my high perched position.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X