Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You lie! =)

Comment

what a stud.....

Comment

Incredibly, rather than depart and exit my life forever.....he turned back around and began coming back to the water. It was right then that I told myself to "settle down" and "just get this done". As soon as he calms down and gives me the first opportunity, "Seize it"!!!
        Attached Files

Comment

But......I never had another chance. As soon as his head lowered and his nose picked up our scent, he made an all out retreat, never once slowing down.
          Attached Files

Comment

After having all three of the animals I was still interested in come in and not even once loosing an arrow, I figured I couldn't handle any more emotion bad or good, so we elected to leave the blind a little early and check out a location where we intended to hunt for bushpig at night. Upon inspecting the area, the tracker noted there was evidence of a male and female bushpig feeding the night before. We decided to setup a trail camera to give us an idea of what time they were coming in. After doing this, we headed back to camp and enjoyed another fine evening of socializing around the campfire, complemented by a healthy supply of native table fare.

Comment

man I'm loving the close calls!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard View Post
                what a stud.....

Michael or the Kudu?

Comment

The next morning we elected to return to the blind we hunted the day before as we had obviously seen alot of the game we were interested in here.

The day began very slow. After a few hours of not really seeing anything aside from a monkey, Anthony told me that a leopard was possibly in the area affecting game movement.

We continued to stay in the blind and eventually we started having some company. Prior to this day, we hadn't really taken alot of pictures of the animals with a regular stillshot as I didn't want to spook anything and was more focused on hunting. But as the week's end was drawing near and I had already taken a few nice animals, we decided a few pictures at this point wouldn't hurt anything.....I just wish more would have been taken throughout the week.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attractive animals....
                    Attached Files

Comment

That monkey/baboon in the second still is lookin at you like you owe him money....

Great shots and an even better read!

Comment

I guess since I was in Africa.....does that automatically make these the aggressive Africanized version?
                        Attached Files

Comment

I guess appropriate around this time of year....
                          Attached Files

Comment

OK, the pictures are cool, but you need to KILL something!

Comment

A staredown...
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                                OK, the pictures are cool, but you need to KILL something!
                                Olright, just a few more and I'll get back on track
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X