Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes glad your back on!!!!

Comment

WOW! this is written like a best seller. especially for the Guiding industry of South African hunting.
      Congratulations on some magnificent memories and trophy's !

Comment

The lost opportunity on the impala made strike two of the day, but it really didn't matter, as just seeing the various animals interact at the waterhole was enjoyable in itself. While funny, it's also rather impressive how each animal seems to rely on another when moving about. If one animal, even the doves spooked or were alerted, then everything else might also flee, or at the very least become extremely antsy. I noticed above all else, whatever you do, don't let the baboons or monkeys see you move.....or it's over.

From the biggest animal to some of the smallest, such as this squirrel, all were entertaining.
        Attached Files

Comment

We already had two of the main three animals I was still most interested in come in and leave without a scratch....... all we needed left for a strikeout was the one that had eluded us all week.

And then, as if a pitcher was beginning his windup, the animal known to many as the "gray ghost" was curving his way in.
          Attached Files

Comment

That squirell's got an impressive set of nuts!

Comment

It started with a few kudu cows coming in first, followed by a handful of young bulls; and leading up the rear was this most exquisite specimen.
              Attached Files

Comment

He continued straight into the water and began drinking, he was pretty much straight on and much like the other two animals of the morning, was currently not offering a shot. With the kudu cows around, all seemed relaxed so I figured it was just a matter of time until he presented another angle. I couldn't believe it. Here it was, still early in the day and broad daylight, and here we had an awesome kudu at about 20 yards drinking. This was our best opportunity yet.
                Attached Files

Comment

Keep it coming! This is one awesome wright up.

Comment

And then, the sight that was quickly becoming a bad rerun when it comes to kudu, he sensed something he didn't like and began a hastily exit.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MichaelW; 09-17-2010, 01:12 PM.

Comment

But unbelievably, at about 25ish yards, he stopped.....perfectly quartering away. I was at full draw settling the pin.
                      Attached Files

Comment

really? stopping right there?...come on now. that's not cool. give us more.

Comment

He stood there PERFECTLY for exactly 6 solid seconds, even turning his head back once.
                          Attached Files

Comment

and???

Comment

There's nothing else to write here, but I choked.....I just couldn't settle the pin and pick a spot. As I tried to hold the bow steady and focus exactly on the hair of the stripe I wanted the dangerously sharp broad head to infiltrate, I just couldn't hold steady.

Comment

better to wait and take the smart shot than run the risk of a bad shot and losing the animal. way to be an example of a smart/ethical hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X