Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As the two made their way in, the first one continued all the way to the water while the second one held back in the brush. From looking through my binoculars, it appeared the second one was slightly bigger. I elected to just watch the first one as he calmly drank figuring the second one would follow the exact same path.
    Attached Files

Comment

And just as I figured, the first one finished drinking and began his exit, which placed him just about broadside or slightly quartering from me as he exited. The second one started coming in and was right on course.
      Attached Files

Comment

As he came in and drank, he was quartering to me.
        Attached Files

Comment

As he continued to drink, I had bow in hand as I expected him to finish at any second and exit on the same path his fellow traveler had done.

However, as it is in most cases of bow hunting, the animal more times than not, will do something you don't expect. Rather than finish drinking and calmly walk out on the same path his partner had done. He simply turned around and began a quick decent on the same trail he had just come in on.......never offering a shot!
          Attached Files

Comment

Guys,

Sorry to cut it short tonight, but I've got a sick little boy at home that needs some attention.

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

Hope he gets feeling better!

Comment

Very much so, children first, us second!!

Comment

Hope your boy gets feeling better. Looking forward to the next installment.

Comment

Family first, hope he feels better.

Comment

Nice bushbuck!

He got you with the "drink and dash"! Many of the african animals are brilliant at that.

Hope your son feels better soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                        Guys,

Sorry to cut it short tonight, but I've got a sick little boy at home that needs some attention.

Thanks,

Michael
                        Take care off the little one. What an amazing thread! Can't believe i just found it. Thanks so much for bringing us along. can't wait for the videos as well. This should turn into a full-time job.

Comment

Amazing read Michael...

Hope the youngin feels better

Comment

awesome deal, congrats on a great trip and excellent write up, hope your little one gets well soon...

Comment

THIS IS,BAR NONE, THE BEST THREAD I HAVE EVER SEEN/READ ON TBH!!!!

And the cool thing is, there is more to come.

Bisch
                              Last edited by Bisch; 09-17-2010, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Absolutely amazing!

Comment

Working...
                                X