Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good shot! Nice warthog!

Comment

very nice write up... i think when i make my trip (if i can ever come up with the money) this will be bumping the top of my list, i guess because of all the hogs we hunt down over here... congrats on all the animals and keep it comeing

Comment

outstanding, congrats on the warthog

Comment

i love the wartpig

Comment

it would appear all the Leakey Hogs gave you good practice.

Comment

Awesome Michael. Keep it coming brother!

Comment

That evening, we had yet another awesome meal. Again, with this crowd.... I should have seriously known better than to mention the food without any pics.

I can't even begin to express to you how enjoyable the meal was each night, and the best part about it was that it differed each night.

It was just about getting where I was looking forward to the evening meal as much as I was the hunting. This guy is the chef and did an awesome job all week.
                Attached Files

Comment

After the meal, we decided to do some more night hunting for varmints.

Comment

As we drove around, tonight would be one of the most enjoyable we had. We saw a great variety of wildlife including honey badger, genet, aardvark, african porcupine, and a brown hyena, man what a beautiful colored animal that was.

Comment

Bset thread Ive ever read. Thanks!

Comment

As we went past a honey badger burrow area, we saw a group of them just staring at us. On the previous night hunt, as soon as we saw them they were hitting the holes....

On this night, they just stared at us for a few seconds, long enough for me to draw back and settle the pin. While there was brush between us and them, I thought I could squeeze the arrow in to find its mark.

However, as the well lit arrow (thanks to Nockturnal lighted Nocks) was on its way, we witnessed it sharply turn up and right as it deflected on a branch just in front of the honey badger.

After this, they hit the holes, never looking back...

The lighted nocks were awesome as I could quickly go and recover the deflected arrow.

Comment

However, as Anthony and I went to go and get the arrow, we had the crap scared out of us as the arrow landed right at a warthog hole. As we walked over and bent down to grab the arrow, a group of warthogs came rushing out of the hole........

There's no way in words I can possibly describe to you that exact second where we heard the grunting and immediate rushing of the group surging right past us, but trust me......it freaked us out!!!!!!!!!

Comment

After laughing about it and regaining our composure, it wasn't that we were scared or anything, it's just that in that split second when it goes from dead silence to all out hell, your heart about leaps out of your chest beating.....

Anyways, we continued on and eventually came across an african porcupine, one of the smaller animals I really hoped to have an opportunity at.

We immediately tried to get close to him, but he just wouldn't stop. I ended up following this thing for an eternity before ultimately losing him when I jumped over a log trying to keep up only to land over waist deep in another warthog hole.....

Thank God, they exited right before I entered as they must have heard all of the commotion or else I would have more than likely been trying to explain to the doctor just how I wound up with warthog tusk in my butt.......

Comment

Absolutely Amazing. I have read this three times now and I cannot wait for the rest. I am on the edge of my seat just like everyone else following along. Thanks for doing such a great job of sharing your story. I cannot wait for the video, but you are doing an amazing job with the pics captured off the video camera.

The hunt of a lifetime for sure.

Comment

Nice warthog. No shrinkage there, he looks bigger in the LDP.

KAW

Comment

Working...
                                X