Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great story and really well written. Looks like a blast!

Comment

I do not want to hijack Michael's thread, but the taxi work and shipping of the animals (dip and ship only) ran me about $300 per animal to get them from Africa to my taxi and the work of my taxi was about $7000 for 2 pedestals and 4 wall pedestals. The most expensive of the animals was the pedestal on the Eland, but $1600, but you have to realize these things are huge!

Can't wait for the return of the series by Michael.

Comment

I'm dreading getting to the end of your adventure, because this has been such a fun read!

We're gonna have to pitch in to send you on another hunt so we can speed up reading about your next adventure!

Thanks for taking the time to put all the details and photos together for us....

Comment

I hope the story never ends! That Gemsbok is going to be an awesome mount. Does the PH take pictures like this all the time or do you have to request it? Was it with your camera?

Comment

wow. It's been an amazing ride so far. Favorite animal for me so far has to be the baboon. I had no idea those suckers are so big. I also like the zebra. Keep it up buddy. Can't wait for more!!!

Comment

Absolutely AWESOME!!!! Best recap ever called........and they wanted to talk to you.

Comment

Matt- I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure many or most of these pics are actually frame grabbed off mikes HD Video camera that was always rolling- but again I could be wrong... Other than the LDPs- I know he took his newer video camera as well as his wifes super nice camera The pics make the story and take us all there no doubt..

Awesome animal- seeing them next door to the farm here, that is one animal that is big powerful and beautiful! Congrats!
                Last edited by Howard; 09-15-2010, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stolle View Post
                  I hope the story never ends! That Gemsbok is going to be an awesome mount. Does the PH take pictures like this all the time or do you have to request it? Was it with your camera?
                  I've been wondering this as well.

Comment

Great as it always is! Michael I have enjoyed your trip almost as much as you.

Comment

You can tell I am getting old. I fell asleep last night with my laptop on my lap. Just catching up this morning. Greatness Michael. I hope this thread never ends!

Comment

awesome stuff as usual Michael

did anyone else notice the unicorn gemsbok ?

it must be true that unicorns do exist

Comment

Catching up...remain a HUGE fan of this thread. Ready for the next installment sir!

Comment

Man, what a great read so far. Just getting caught up myself. Hunt of a lifetime, and it's only half over. Can't wait to see the rest.

Comment

This continues to be amazing! We need some way for a mass PM to be sent everytime you start writing again! That baboon was a lot larger than I expected and should make for an interesting mount.

Comment

Man, I just read pages 2-8 since I hadn't read it since the first day. This is amazing! Thanks Michael. Can't wait for the rest.

Comment

Working...
                                X