Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again for the evening of sitting on the edge of my seat, hitting the refresh button. Once again great story and pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
      Micheal, for several years I have been throwing around the idea of bowhunting Africa. I have spoken with Joe and a few others about the trip/hunt. I want you to know that this write-up and your experience(so far) in Africa has inspired me to follow-up and begin planning a trip of my own. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. On a side note, you could write for a hunting magazine. This thread is pure greatness, and to me should be "Thread of the Year". I hereby nominate this thread.

Thanks for your kind words, I appreciate it. I am glad you are inspired. I think any and everyone would have the time of their lives in Africa.

While there are many places to hunt and numerous outfitter to choose from, we'll have to talk next time we see each other.

I can't say enough good things about Dries Visser and especially Anthony Lotter, my PH.

Comment

Great shot and great looking baboon.

Comment

The baboon is the coolest so far IMO. Keep it coming man, this is like a great tv show, you never want it to end. I second the nomination for thread of the year.

Comment

off the chain dude. offfff the chain.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtuna View Post
              The baboon is the coolest so far IMO. Keep it coming man, this is like a great tv show, you never want it to end. I second the nomination for thread of the year.
              This is one of the best I have ever seen on here...Great Pictures..Outstanding quality.

Comment

This is great, keep it coming.

Comment

That things as big as my son . ( whom just woke us up puking his guts out). Least I got to read the latest- 1 am and all!

Picture wise pretty cool for sure.

This would take up the entire lSBA magazine..... But would be worth the read .

Happy birthday to peanut as well... Uh yesterday

Comment

Howard, hope the young one gets to feeling better. This is one of the best threads ever. Hope I can come close on my semi live hunt next week in Africa and the recap/pics when i return in Oct. Michael is tops!

Comment

Michael, this has been a fantastic report and like you the zebra was one of my most memorable hunts, even though all the animals I took over there hold a special memory. I had a rug made out of mine and when I returned from my first trip I seen a zebra pedestal mount and wished I had done one of those instead. As you well know the zebra is one of the smartest and cautious animals over there. On my last trip in July I was never given a oppertunity to take one and believe me, zebra was the top of my wish list. Again, congratulations on getting the zebra and thank you for such a great report of your hunt.

Comment

Michael, this thread is rivaled only by Lee's "Three wolf moon" shirt!

Ever since I saw one, a zebra pedestal mount has been HIGH on my list.
                        Since you've already admitted that he was one of your main animals, you should really consider a pedestal mount with the back hide used for panels.

Keep it coming, this is awesome!!!!!

Comment

Michael I have been trying to come up with the right words for two days, that would describe my true fillings about this post............ but I can not find anywords worthy of your efforts. I only thought your whitetail / hog hunt recaps were the best.

Thanks for taking me along.

Again Thanks
                          Rwc

Comment

So are you still shooting the Hyperlite? Shots are dead on now. That's the Michael I know. I still remember those two doe from Cotulla. You couldn't have walked out there and stuck them any better than you did your bow. Great stuff.....can't wait for more.

Comment

This thread continues to amaze me! Especially the flight of the arrow stills. They are awesome!

Comment

Absolutely awesome! Keep them coming!

Comment

Working...
                                X