Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
    I was fascinated by the performance the baboons had previously offered.
    do tell !!

Comment

It seemed a little hotter today than previous days, but after a couple of hours sweating it out, guess who finally started showing up.

Comment

I witnessed the baboons do just about everything you can imagine....and yes I mean everything!!!! No worries on the pictures though.....this is a family site.

The female mothers with a baby were especially interesting to watch.
        Attached Files

Comment

DUDE!!!
          Cant believe I just found this thread! Great pics and even better recaps!

Comment

Keep it coming Michael. This is awesome!

Comment

We watched the baboons for some time. I recognized one of them from the previous sitting. This ol guy reminded me of a grumpy old man, short on patience and easily bothered by others.

He was easily identifiable, because he didn't have a tail.
              Attached Files

Comment

I didn't plan on shooting him as he didn't have a tail, but the more Anthony and I watched him, the more we started thinking this grumpy SOB needed an arrow.

He was constantly chasing off all of the others, even the females with babies. He didn't want anyone around him.
                Last edited by MichaelW; 09-13-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Finally I decided, what the heck.....tail or no tail I'm sending an arrow on it's way. I drew back the bow and was just about to settle the pin when he leaped from his sitting position, no longer offering a shot......

Comment

While I thought ol grouchy bstd ruled the roost, I realized this was not the case when this guy came strolling in.....and he had a tail

Notice grouchy bstd now taking a backseat in the last pic.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I wasted no time as these things are extremely weary and have excellent eyesight. I drew back and placed the pin right where I imagined my own heart to be as Anthony said....."Shoot it like you would a person"

And the arrow was on its way....
                      Attached Files

Comment

Ouch. Great lookin' shot.

Comment

He ran about 40 yards and piled up in sight by a tree. If you follow the pics, you can see his tail falling as he is expiring...
                          Attached Files

Comment

Gorgeous animals......well, in their own unique way!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by warrior62 View Post
                              Love this pool shot... These are the kind of photos I need to get the wife over to Africa with me someday What all do they have for wife's to do during the day ???

Love the thread..

There were wives in camp that did something together everyday. To be honest, I'm not exactly sure about all of the stuff they did, but it was various tours, sightseeing, etc prearranged and planned before the trip by the Outfitter.

Comment

he may have been the one that ripped the tail off Grumpy. Makes you think about messing with another males women.
                                Nice baboon

Comment

Working...
                                X