Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chew View Post
    Unbelievable hunt so far! What broadheads are you using?

My longtime favorites....Slick Trick Magnums, 100 grain.

Comment

You better get started on a big trophy room.

Comment

Still can't get enough of this thread! Congrats on the perfect shot on the zebra. He will make a fine mount!

Comment

You are a very lucky man indeed to get a zebra with a bow! Very sharp and cautious animals.

Comment

Comment

After taking the pictures and getting the zebra loaded up, Anthony looked at his watch and told me we had enough time to head back over to the mountainous area where we had previously come so close to the big kudu.

As I had all week, I simply turned to him and said, "Whatever you think...."

Comment

Outstanding, Great pictures

Comment

Amazing Zebra Michael

Comment

This is the previous blind we had sat in and saw the troop of baboons as well as the big kudu. I told Anthony, "I know we're hunting for big kudu, but I really want one of those baboons".

He told me if they came in early enough and I could make a good shot as to not spine it, then it would not hurt the hunt as the kudu would more than likely not be coming until just before dark.

Comment

Of course, while I already had a huntch; I still had to ask.....just where exactly do you shoot a baboon?

Comment

Awesome hunt & thread!

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
                          After seeing this picture, my lovely wife had second thoughts about not braving the 18 hour flight....
                          Love this pool shot... These are the kind of photos I need to get the wife over to Africa with me someday What all do they have for wife's to do during the day ???

Love the thread..

Comment

Micheal, for several years I have been throwing around the idea of bowhunting Africa. I have spoken with Joe and a few others about the trip/hunt. I want you to know that this write-up and your experience(so far) in Africa has inspired me to follow-up and begin planning a trip of my own. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. On a side note, you could write for a hunting magazine. This thread is pure greatness, and to me should be "Thread of the Year". I hereby nominate this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
                              Micheal, for several years I have been throwing around the idea of bowhunting Africa. I have spoken with Joe and a few others about the trip/hunt. I want you to know that this write-up and your experience(so far) in Africa has inspired me to follow-up and begin planning a trip of my own. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. On a side note, you could write for a hunting magazine. This thread is pure greatness, and to me should be "Thread of the Year". I hereby nominate this thread.
                              I would agree

Comment

After settling in the blind, I really hoped the baboons would show.....even though most would have probably been thinking of the kudu, I was fascinated by the performance the baboons had previously offered.

Comment

Working...
                                X