Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Africa Experience - 10 days, 12 animals, Countless New Friends, Memories for Life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We drove back to the main camp and enjoyed some of the finest grilled steaks I've ever had. I believe we were eating Eland.

Here's a picture of the grill where the camp chef performed his mastery each night as well as the lounge area around the fire pit all the hunters would return to each night and discuss the day's events.

I enjoyed an excellent dinner and was off to bed.
    Attached Files

Comment

Man what a great job your doing telling us this story. Keep the reports coming. Awesome pics

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelW View Post
        Big Spec,

That one became known to us as Groutchy Bstrd....he constantly seemed agitated, always fighting and chasing off others.

He appeared to be second in command however to a much bigger and more dominant one though.....although a little foreshadowing here, I guess he's back in charge now!
        ha cant wait to see that one

Comment

This awesome write up keeps getting better. Looking forward to the rest of it.

Comment

The next day I was finally starting to feel like myself again. While I wasn't sleeping all night, I was starting to get a solid 4-5 hours in. We started a little earlier this morning so that we could put out some trailcams. Throughout the week, we worked a number of trailcams. Anthony absolutely worked his butt off each and every day checking tracks, trails, and trail cameras across the various properties we were hunting.
            Attached Files

Comment

Maybe you should take up writing stories as a part time job.

Comment

Ok I have half my family all sitting around the computer reading this post. This is great. Thanks for sharing

Comment

wow that looks like a amazing trip im waiting to plan mine

Comment

After setting up the cameras and checking tracks and sign, we set up in a blind, a rather cozy one. Between my PH and myself, the camera, bow, cooler, etc., we filled the small blind.

Much like the baboons the day before, we had guest that occupied the time early on. These were banded mongoose and I found their interactions enjoyable.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The first bigger guest was a Very nice Duiker.
                      Attached Files

Comment

It wasn't too long later and a nice looking male warthog was coming in.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by MichaelW; 09-12-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

That's a superb duiker and very nice warthog!

Comment

He came in and began feeding on some kind of feed or something Anthony had placed in a small pile.
                            Attached Files

Comment

As I was drawing back my bow, I was already thinking about my boys enjoying this one as they had requested a "Timon" or "Pumba"......from the Lion King, I can never remember which one it is.

Unfortunately though, while drawing back, my arm hit the back of the blind and the warthog hauled butt out of there.....

Comment

Well I have caught up with your amazing adventure, story writing capablilities and perfect pictures. As with all of the others, anxiously waiting the rest of the story.
                                Great way to end the day....

Comment

Working...
                                X