Pogo, the 3-legged pig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pogo, the 3-legged pig

Poor Pogo. I got a report of a 3-legged pig in the local cherry orchard. A month+ back a missed a shot at him with my recurve (would have been 1st kill with trad gear). Last Saturday morning I busted him out of a tree line by the creek. He hooked up into the field where my partner was, Al is about 70 years old and said the only thing that was funnier than him running after a pig, was the pig 'boing-boing-boining' along and occasionally falling over.

Last night I went out with another friend, this time we brough his 17 HMR. About 25 hogs ran into the cherry orchard, and we came around them from the back side. Pogo went down with a since shot between his ear and eye socket from the HMR, it sounded like a loud pellet gun.

I estimate about 200 pounds live weight. I don't think there's any domestic blood in these local hogs, all are jet black with straight tails, big chests and skinny rumps.

I'm posting a picture of his rear quarter and missing leg after we gutted him. Looks like he was either born without a leg, or had an injury young since there was no scar tissue, etc.

The owner of the property parks RVs in one area, which is where we butcher in an old barn. Also, you can see the game tag on his leg. CA DFG regards hogs as big game animals, and clips you $18/tag to be legal. **** liberal politicians in Sacramento once again.

I'm going to look on TBH for whoever had hungry dermatid beetles, would like to make a skull mount out of him.

Poor Pogo Congrats on the weirdo.

Comment

Way to go Bill, congrats

Comment

Congrats. I saw a three legged pig once when i was hunting down in Eagle Pass.

Comment

I had to post the skinned picture, I'm waiting for Wildman's comments.

Comment

congrats Bill on the pig

Comment

Cool pig, congrats to ya!

Comment

fess up to it Bill!! I know your from Jersey... you brought over one of them special hogs from jersey didn't ya???/// lol..lol..poor pogo!!!

Comment

I called my Mom in NJ on Sunday as I do, and she wanted to know "what did that pig ever do to you?". Like I say, Jersey is a great place to be from. I can't take the rude people when I go there to visit now (left in 92).

Comment

congrats on the porker

Comment

Congratulations Bill. That is a unique porker.

Comment

Nice tripod. Congrats.

Comment

I am still trying to scroll WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY across the screen!

Becoming a regular hog slayer there in Cali Bill. Good job. I know we have has several conversations about this hog.

Comment

congrats on the porkchops Bill. I have beetles if you are still interested. Nice set of cutters on that one.

Comment

WAY TO go!!

Very unique trophy.

Comment

Working...
                              X