Biggest and smallest critter weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggest and smallest critter weekend

Went to Riverview ranch in Ada, OK with Rsatt(Ronnie and his grandson) for an awesome weekend.

We started in the stand with my son. Saturday morning. We had pigs in right away but the shots were 25 yds which is about max for my son. He had shots on three different pigs and missed. We then had to get after the buffalo since Keith had scheduled the skinner to be there at 9:30. We had a little over an hour. They were feeding about 75 yds from Ronnie and Trent's stand. We tried stalking up to them and they would not let us get less than 50 yards. I did not feel comfortable with a shot that far on them. They let us try 2 approaches on them and they were off. We found them again and posted a head of them. I studied charts of anatomy on them before I left and their hearts are low and to the front. I had a shot on her quartering away but she started to turn as I was shooting and it looked like it hit goodon the video but she was not slowing down. We tried to get close to them again but it was no dice and the skinner showed up and was waiting. We got on the 4 wheeler to try to find her and she was in the timber then the chase was on. It felt like 100 years ago and were on our trusty steed and had them on the run right passed Ronnie and Trent again at a different stand. Oops. We stalked up and placed one right behind the shoulder and she was off again. One more stalk had her broadside at 35 yards and layed one right in the pump station and she went down 80 yards later. That was a rush and fun.

We got in the stand that evening after tuning my sons bow and he hit a small pig. We had another stalk on a small pig in which my son put two arrows in her and we tracked her for 2 hours and she was gone. It was comical how she just stayed ahead of us in the thicket. We moved to a different stand and I hit a little pig thus winning the smallest pig competition.

After a good meal we hit the hay. Keith(owner) brought in the heavy hitters to try to beat me again for the smallest pig on Sunday. I did take the smallest animal but Keith took the smallest pig but cheated since it was not taken from the stand since there was no stalking aloud. LOL. We had a wonderful time. It would have been great if more of you could have come, maybe next time.

The accomodations were good there were animals everywhere. Can't wait to go back for the hog competition next month.

Click image for larger version

Name:	l_e101bc43327a9fabca78960898c0e752.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.9 KB
ID:	23832474

Name:	l_7a3249961b1b18584e092e8847dfaa34.jpg
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	23832475

Name:	l_2fa094c7520faff041d1328182c770ab.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	23832476

Name:	TBHbullet.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	23832477

Cool story. Congrats to you and your son. Sounds like a great time. Nice pics too.

Comment

Nice!!!

Comment

That squirell rocks! LOL
        Sounds like an awesome hunt!

Congrats on the bison.

Comment

Sweet Lance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give me a shout sometime!

Comment

Awesome Lance! Squirrels are tasty little morsels too.

If you could just get those Fallows to say cheese.... nice picture!

Comment

congrats on what sounds like a great hunt.

Comment

That is awesome.congrats

Comment

Great story and pics! How you gonna have the squirrel mounted? lol

Comment

good looking critters; congrats!!

Comment

congrats lance!!!!!!!! I love the story.Sorry about the other site pulling your story off. It really made me upset! I would share a camp fire with you any time.

Comment

Congrats to you and your son, great pictures again

Comment

nice pics ... congrats on the hunt

Comment

Congrats on a great time!
                            Where's the squirrel classified according to the banner behind you? A wild hog or an exotic?

Comment

Cool pics and congrats on all the animals, how much did the squirrel cost you? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X