Alligator Down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alligator Down!

I had this burning in me for quite a time to get a gator by bow and arrow. Dena (Hot4Huntin) gave me the info on the new season and restrictions for alligator in Texas. It said if not in a core county, 1 alligator per licsense with the submittal of a form and $20 after you harvest the gator. To my amazement, Wharton County was not a core county and was included in this season (April 1 - June 30th). Well we had this elusive gator in our duck pond on my family's land in Wharton County for the past couple of years. I went to set the line and low and behold I saw Mr Snaggle Tooth for a brief second. I knew cause of all the weeds that Hook and line, then an arrow was the way rather than using my bowfishing set up.

I came back today and there he was and I could see the line in his mouth! I hooked my loop to the 4 wheeler and slowly pulled him out. He was TICKED!!!! He wouldnt sit still long enough for a shot. Finally I just pulled back and THWACK! I hit him in the eye. He got even more ****** and came towards me so I took flight upon the 4 wheeler. 2 more shots from the Synergy and he finally sat still. I really couldnt tell if he was dead or not and being alone I didnt want to risk it. I went back to the house got a .22 and shot him in the head for insurance....he didnt move. I guess he was already dead. Loaded him up and brought him to the house. The bull measured 6'2" in length perfect eat'n size!. I am pretty pumped about my first gator!

Side note......gators are hard to skin, and MAJOR THANKS AND PROPS TO DENA FOR HELPING ME AND GIVING ME THE INFO I NEEDED!!!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Gun Hog 3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	24726679

Click image for larger version

Name:	03-15-08_0746.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	23832447

Thats awesome! Congrats on the gator. I need to kill me one of them.

Comment

Awesome trophy. That's not something you get a crack at all the time. Congrats.

Comment

congrats on the gator...

Comment

Very nice gater Rattler. Bet he is some good eaten.

Comment

Congrats Rob!

Comment

Congrats on the gator

Comment

Congrats on the gator

Comment

Way to go Rob. I always wanted to get me one while I was down there. There was a huge one in a Rice Canal behind the Jackson County Airport. It got my attention more than one time.

Comment

O wow what a trophy. They are on my TO DO list for sure...way to go

Comment

congrats rob on the boots and purse for your wife.

Comment

Congrats on the nice gator

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that poor liddle bitty baby gator :-)

I bet he looked 20' long at times, eh ?

nice job :-)

Comment

Well I am having a rug made and hopefully a skull....if I didnt crush it too badly. I must say that the tail meat looks beautiful and I cant wait to fry some of it up!

Comment

Nice Gator

Comment

Working...
                              X