My son's first deer AND IT'S A BUCK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son's first deer AND IT'S A BUCK!

Well my son Cade has been trying for two seasons now to try and close the deal on his first deer and it finally happened last saturday evening. We got in the stand around 5:30 pm that evening and about ten minutes later a yearling came out and he and I both agreed that she was too small to shoot so we waited. 5 minutes later I saw a buck approaching the feeder throught the trees. I told him to get ready because I see a buck coming. We both started shaking (me more so than him). He even asked me "why are you shaking?" I said I always shake when I see deer. I was excited for him!! So he got his gun ready and I told him to just keep him in his scope and I would cock the gun for him. Well the buck came into the feeder but not far enough in to get a clear shot and went back into the trees so I let the hammer back down. This happened twice! the suspense was killing us! The buck finall walked past the feeder and down the ATV trail that our stand was about 10 yards off of. He was walking right towards us! So my son had to stand up and turn around and as soon as the buck came into a small opening he pulled the trigger. Contact! It was one of the most exciting hunts I have ever experienced. And he did all this with his arm in a cast form a fractured elbow! Anyway here is the LDP, sorr for the long write up. Cade Robbins 9 yrs old. Montague County 8 point buck.
    Attached Files

Congrats to the young hunter!

Comment

That's simply wonderful!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you and your young hunter. It show's on his face.

Comment

Well done Cade .

Comment

Congrats on the buck. The face says it all

Comment

Congrats!!!

Comment

great job and congrats

Comment

Well done Cade! Way to go and congrats!

Comment

Great Story, Congrat's To You And Your Son On The Hunt.

Comment

Good job Cade!

Comment

Congrats on the buck Cade,Way to go

Comment

Give your son my congrats.

Comment

Congratulations to Cade and Dad.

Comment

Congrats on the buck Cade.

Comment

Tell your son congrats.............again. Nice job!

Comment

Working...
                              X