1st Boar hog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Boar hog

I finally got my first boar hog last night. I was hunting at a new place Stretch-A-String. This place has Jacksonville as an address, but is just on the north Cherokee County line off Hwy 69. It is 3000 acres, and was just opened up to hunting, archery only. You can check it out at www.stretchastring.com
    Anyway, back to the story. Ten feet off the ground, thermacell blasting, and a big group of 30 came in at 9:15 pm all fanned out, not down any of the numerous trials leading to the feeder. There is a wallow next to the feeder, so it is a popular place for pigs. Most were this size, with a couple bigger, and some smaller. They were a little jumpy at my Hawg Lite Marauder lite, but I eased them into it by flashing the light a few times. This fellow was directly under the feeder, and so I picked him. When he was broadside, I drew. When he was turning away, my arrow flew. He only went 50 yards! Here are the pictures:

Nice size for eating. Much bigger and the boars start to stink. But by then, they're mostly by themselves; not with the sounder.

Comment

Good job! Were they splashing around in the wallow?

Comment

nice pig

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

I haven't been able to get an arrow into one in quite a while--but the last two times in the tripod I've had 'em within 15 yards of me, so it's only a matter of time until I do.

Congrats--and thank goodness for the Thermacell--they were giving me fits today while fishing, and also this afternoon while mowing.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Good job!!!

Comment

congrats

Comment

very nice, congrats on the pork!

Comment

nice.

Comment

nicely done!

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

good deal man go get urself aother one and congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X