No announcement yet.

Water buffalo hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What ever happened on this hunt....have you gone yet?? I've been thinking about this hunt for a while and might really consider doing it if the ranch still has some buffalo with decent size horns and if they have somebody I can give about 1000 pounds of meat to........

Comment

I saw them when I was hunting axis doe.
      I wouldn't trust them.

Don't forget to take a BIG ice chest.

Comment

Hey Kevin, the 4 buffalo on the ranch do they have decent size horns? I've really been thinking about this hunt for the past several months after reading the first hunt report that a TBH member wrote up. I know I'm not going to find a cheaper deal on a water buffalo. But I want one that has a decent set of horns and is dark black in body color. Anyway thanks for the help and good luck with that watusi bull....

Comment

Forgive my ignorance...but aren't watusi's just a breed domestic cattle with big clown stickers?

Comment

Bill from what I understand, they are African cattle...wasn't aware people hunted them either...hmmm

Comment

i would never shoot a watusi bull, haha they are pretty tame if you ask me to be shooting

Comment

Well thats your opinion, I guess maybe ya sould try ours once and see if ya change your mind. Isnt always an easy hunt as you might think.

Comment

I'll second that - and the Watusi burgers I grilled in the pit last night tasted DARN GOOD!

Hogslayer - How did the trip go? We need pics!

Comment

Heyyyyyy Steve, Whats up my friend. Ya making me hungry again talking about them watusi burgers. Hey, been busey with hunts and have had alot of success. Still have 4 water buffalo and 5 watusi. Im gonna prolly take a water buffalo this comming weekend with my new lil guide gun. Ha ha ha its a 375 H & H. Ranch wants some burgers for themselves. Hope to hear from ya soon. Take care Kevin

Comment

I'll be there in December as soon as I get on leave, after graduation!!! Hey, ya'll still got that calf buff? Hope that monster axis close to the main house is still around, I've got an arrow with his name on it.

Comment

good

好厉害啊,羡慕死了!

Comment

Hey bowhuntamistad, yes we do still have the smaller bull calf water buffalo. He's not so small anymore. You wouldnt believe the Axis bucks running around in the low fence. I have seen no less than 10-12 that are 36". One is pushing 40". Have one with double cottles too. Can't wait to meet ya in December and keep in touch and I will keep my eye out for those axis for ya. Later Kevin

Comment

Sounds good, making plans now.

Comment

You'll have to invest in another freezer, if you get on of those Big Bad Boys...
                              Yikes that's a lotta Burger...

Comment

Hey Burt ya right there. The meat is awesome and the hunt is a total rush. I still want to try to get one of those bad boys with a bow, but not easy and ya better have a bow thats juiced up and a heavy arrow. I just got a new Ross Cardiac and Im lovin it. I would rather guide and get someone a shot at it anyway. Still have a couple left. Later Kevin/guide at McNutt Ranch

Comment

Working...
                                X