January 21 Bosque County Hog.....Done.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

January 21 Bosque County Hog.....Done.

Made a quick trip up to my North Bosque River grounds yesterday afternoon in search of swine. I had been getting more and more hogs on camera since deer season ended and to my surprise one group had been coming into a food plot around 5:30 p.m. each day on there way to the corn feeders.

I arrived around 4:35 p.m. and rushed to get into position before the little dirt diggers showed up. Sure enough around 5:35 p.m. I catch movement to the east and here they come.

I got my bow off the hanger and snapped on my release. As soon as the little pigs got on the hand thrown corn the three larger sows came a running. As the larger sows put there head down to eat I drew my bow, and all I could think about is the old days of the hog killing wars between Deerslayer (Breck) and Wildman (Danny)......"Any body can kill a black pig.....) so I settled my pin down low on the only non black one in the group and dumped the string.

Made a good shot, entered behind the last rib and exited in front of the opposite front leg, watched her fall in sight.

Climbed down and went and got my little tracking dog and put him on the bloody arrow. He led me right to her and that was that. This was Buzz’s first hog blood track.

Sorry in advance for the bad photo quality, got away from the house with only a crappy camera I carry in my pack for back up.

Hope all enjoyed and has a great weekend.

Rwc
    Attached Files

Nice shootin...that's a cool looking hog!

Comment

Well done! I love it when it a plan comes through. Congrats!

Comment

Bacon...Bacon...

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Cool looking pig. Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

sweet hog!

Comment

Congrats on the porker and I love the memory of Breck and Danny talking about hog kills. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrats. That is a cool looking pig...looks "silver-ish" in the pics above.

Comment

very nice, congrats

Comment

Thanks and the sow was more white in color, that is until she started loosing a mass amount of blood, ha.

Have a good one.

Rwc

Comment

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Nice job....and what an awesome hog-dog!!!!

Comment

Congrats on the hog.

Comment

Working...
                              X