Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Girlfriend Stick's First Deer With Bow TONIGHT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girlfriend Stick's First Deer With Bow TONIGHT!!

My girlfriend let's the air out of her first deer this evening! I'm so pumped for her. We hunted very hard this season and had a few opportunities that just didn't go our way but tonight she connected. She was shooting my first bow an old PSE Beast majority of this season and then I bought her a Mission UX2 for Christmas and she tuned it in at 47.5 lbs. and drilling tacks with her Slick Trick Magnums. I will let her finish the rest of the story from her account this evening! Congrats Sweetheart I am SUPER PROUD!!!!!!!!
    Attached Files

Congratulations to you both!
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

awesome job, congrats to your girl.

Comment

congrats to you both! Nothing beats living with your best hunting partner.............I know.

Comment

Great job. Your brother is going to be so jealous.

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Congrats to you both!

Comment

Great job!!

Comment

So Ross told me I should do a play by play so here it goes.

I was sort of disappointed after a long season of hunting very hard in various locations around Texas. I was going to put away my bow and hunting clothes until next season and head back to school when I finally decided to set up a pop up blind when we got up in the morning, brush it in and try one more time to harvest my first deer. Me and my father went up to our lease in New Braunfels this morning, brushed in a blind next to a trail near a rock fence and headed back this evening. I got there about 3:30 and settled in. It wasn't until around 5:15ish that I saw a little yearling pop her head over the fence. The blood started pumpin and I waited patiently. The mature does stayed back out of range for a good 20 min or so until they all decided to leave for whatever reason. I was disappointed and texted my dad who was 50 yards behind me watching from a box blind. He told me to be patient and that they might come back. Sure enough they all came back and this time in range. I was covered with deer everywhere and I could feel my heart beating in my throat! The first time I drew back, one doe blew and they scattered back 10 feet or so, a little confused, but they came back. I let them settle a few minutes (and gave myself time to calm down and say a little prayer) before I would try and draw back again. The time presented itself once more when the does looked away from me and I took it. I was so excited to get full draw without being caught. I sighted her in and pulled the trigger.....Thwack! Wow. It was such a rush. We found her 20 min later about 50 yards away!!!

I am so thankful for my excellent teacher who inspired me to pick up a bow (Ross)! I couldn't have done it without him, his dad or my families support! =) It is definitely been a one of a kind experience.

Comment

Congrats on the archery 1st. Good looking doe.

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!

Comment

Thanks to all. =)

Comment

Sweet!

Nice...my girl is itching for next year all ready!

Comment

i wish i could have been there but i was there in spirit

Comment

More like a little voice in my head!!! "Quit flicking your release. Sit still. Turn your head slower" =) Love you!

Comment

Working...
                              X