Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wolves in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the cam argument settles nothing. do you guys really think every deer in those areas have shown up in pictures? can there be like say 50 deer over a two county area that havent been seen???

durr nah man! weve seen em all??

Comment

Originally posted by monsterspike View Post
      the cam argument settles nothing. do you guys really think every deer in those areas have shown up in pictures? can there be like say 50 deer over a two county area that havent been seen???

durr nah man! weve seen em all??
      Yep. We have dozens of deer come onto a green field in mid January that no one on our lease has ever had on game camera at a feeder or seen anywhere else. We are always amazed at how many deer we have in the area that we never see during the regular seasons. This is especially true with the older mature deer of both sexes.

Comment

What study and where did they find a Red to get DNA from?
        The red wolf is not extinct
        There are over 100 in captivity and a wild reproducing population near the outer banks of North Carolina.
        You can see a red wolf at the zoo in Victoria, TX
        I'll find the DNA study mentioned above and post it

Here it is:
        https://nyti.ms/2ahQOkv
        Last edited by backwoods; 03-12-2017, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
          Then it seems that the Red Wolf and the Coywolf are one and the same according to this.

Comment

Then it seems that the Red Wolf and the Coywolf are one and the same according to this.
            Yes and No. You dont create a red wolf by simply breeding a coyote and wolf. They were a distinct population existing for thousands of years that shared hereditary and behavioral traits. They filled a niche that covered a giant geographical area. Yet at the same time they are genetically coyote and wolf
            Last edited by backwoods; 03-12-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
              I have news for you. That land where no humans go does not exist. If someone from the city never visits their land, someone else is hunting it.
              This is unfortunately true.

Comment

Originally posted by niceg3s View Post
                I have news for you. That land where no humans go does not exist. If someone from the city never visits their land, someone else is hunting it.
                Not true at all. I can think of the property where my Dad lives that land is hardly hunted on. Like 3 land owners property takes easement away from the national Forrest. On the other side my uncles land blocks easement to it. On all sides people live on it that are all old and don't hunt. My Dad is outside everyday and can tell when you shots are heard. Most of the property is owned and ran with cattle. Where they are they don't let outsiders hunt. I was surprised when my Dad sold something to a guy and let him bow hunt for free. Said he just liked the guy. Also not everyone has game cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Palehorse View Post
                  I'm sure there are some coywolves running around here. I've seen several that were not only big, but had a different gait and appearance. Never could get a shot off in time though.

Proof.... Lobo Rojo Gigante (the scientific name while under the influence of Tecate)

You can tell by the deer mannerism that they aren't used to sharing habitat with these wolves and aren't sure what to think about them.

Comment

Working...
                  X