X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

many times - non poisonous of course

Originally posted by big papa View Post
    Has anyone ever been bitten by a snake?
    many times - non poisonous of course - worst is a chicken snake - mean natured!!

Comment

Hundreds of times.

I was one of the snake handlers at the Parker Co. Sportsmans Club back when they had the annual rattlesnake round up.

We would some times provoke them into striking us but they can't get through a boot.

Lotsa fun.

Comment

My seven year old daughter was bitten by a small rattle snake in November right above the ankle. 22 vials of anti vennin and 4 days in intensive care at Scott & White. Not a fun week. She just walked by the little guy on the sidewalk and he struck. Don't know if she stepped on him or what ticked him off. She was on crutches about two weeks after she got out of the hospital. Seems to be doing fine with no permanent damage and has an appointment tomorrow for follow up. So be careful, it can happen when you least expect it!

Comment

Oh, forgot to add that the snake did die!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbabowhunter View Post
            My seven year old daughter was bitten by a small rattle snake in November right above the ankle. 22 vials of anti vennin and 4 days in intensive care at Scott & White. Not a fun week. She just walked by the little guy on the sidewalk and he struck. Don't know if she stepped on him or what ticked him off. She was on crutches about two weeks after she got out of the hospital. Seems to be doing fine with no permanent damage and has an appointment tomorrow for follow up. So be careful, it can happen when you least expect it!
            True Dat! A friend of mine rented a canal house for the summer at City by The Sea between Port Aransas and Rockport a few years ago. His dad was staying there, walked out the front door, middle of the day after fishing and while waiting for his wife, reached down to pull a weed in the flower bed and got popped on the hand by a rattler less than two feet long! He didn't have permanent damage but that hand was black and UGLY for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Wow. I guess a lot more encounters than I thought.

Comment

I've been lucky. I've literally killed hundreds of rattlers that I saw first. Been hit by two that saw me first. Both times I knew I was taking a chance walking in knee high brush where I couldn't see the ground. Both times they hit me on the jeans/boot top and didn't get connected up to meat. The second time was a little scary. He didn't rattle but I heard his scales rub together as he struck and felt him hit me hard about 6" above the ankle...I standing broad jumped about eight feet and his fangs were tangled in my jean cuffs...that six foot snake came with me as I jumped. I basically shot him off my leg when I landed. He left a big wet spot of venom on my pants leg.
                uuuuuummm.... that wet spot would NOT have been venom on my leg!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                  uuuuuummm.... that wet spot would NOT have been venom on my leg!!!
                  x2

Comment

I was bitten by a Rattlesnake in 1996 when I was 9 years old....Dad shot the snake and we hauled *** to Eastland hospital who was out of anti-venom by the way so I never got any anti-venom....

The leg is doing pretty good, i had surgery in 2008 to help me walk better because of muscle, nerve, tissue damage....It wasnt ever going to heal on its own....

Comment

4 bites. 1 diamond back water snake, 1 moccasin, 1 copperhead, 1 king snake. Bite doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the anti venom shot! moccasin was the worst with tissue and muscle damage.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTrophyBowhunter View Post
                        are water mocasins venomous?
                        Might as well be! I don't want to be bit by any of em' with or with out kill juice! I do think that a water mocasin is the same thing as a cotton mouth which are venomous.

Comment

Originally posted by rockingM376 View Post
                          Might as well be! I don't want to be bit by any of em' with or with out kill juice! I do think that a water mocasin is the same thing as a cotton mouth which are venomous.
                          I have always been told they are the same, and yes that makes them venomous

Comment

Copperhead - full envenomation, 4 days in the hospital feeling like i'd have to die to feel better. not fun - I dont recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                              No sir - ain't never been bit and don't intend to get bit either. Wouldn't matter if it was poisonous or not - I'd die of severe diarrhea anyway!

Trailboss
                              That's Funny

Comment

Originally posted by bjg View Post
                                4 bites. 1 diamond back water snake, 1 moccasin, 1 copperhead, 1 king snake. Bite doesn't hurt nearly as bad as the anti venom shot! moccasin was the worst with tissue and muscle damage.
                                I don't like rattle snakes but I hate water moccasins.

Comment

Working...
                                X