No announcement yet.

Snake bite victims?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been tagged, but the other night we were walking out dog down the street and we were almost home and on the sidewalk in the middle of all the residential areas and I walk by the grass and so does the dog and my fiance yells snake! snake! snake. I jumped like twinkle toes Fred Flintstone. I was creeped out and it wastnt but a little 8 in garden snake I think lol but I still didnt want nothing to do with it.

Comment

How come I can buy a rattlesnake vaccine for my dog, but not me? I tried to get the vet tech to inject me when I got her shot, but she just laughed.

Comment

Yep, and it was dead with the head separated from the body. Don't remember the bite, but will never forget the swelling after.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          Only twice. Once when I was very young and catching a snake I had never seen before ()luckily it wasn't poisinious) and once feeding a king snake I had as a pet. He was just starting to molt and he couldn't see too good through the lids.

I've always been very careful when handling poisionous snakes...but I know that at any time I could wind up on the wrong side.
          Wait, wait, hold on there. you were good until you said "handling poisonous snakes" that part doesn't make sense to me, why would yu handle one?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_C View Post
            Wait, wait, hold on there. you were good until you said "handling poisonous snakes" that part doesn't make sense to me, why would yu handle one?
            Lol

Comment

I've been lucky. I've had two occasions where I've stepped on copperheads. On the first time we were so scared of one another we both took off in opposite directions. Summer of 2013 I felt something pop the side of my boot and sure enough I stepped on another. I was clearing brush and he was wrapped up under a yaupon growing under a live oak. He was big enough to where I could feel the strike on my boot. Luckily I wasn't. Lucky for me I put my boots on that day!

Comment

Snake bite victims?

[QUOTE=MesquiteBean;9951870]I've been lucky. I've had two occasions where I've stepped on copperheads. On the first time we were so scared of one another we both took off in opposite directions ( I saw him before I put any weight on him). Summer of 2013 I felt something pop the side of my boot and sure enough I stepped on another. I was clearing brush and he was wrapped up under a yaupon growing under a live oak. He was big enough to where I could feel the strike on my boot. Lucky for me I put my boots on that day!

Comment

Working...
                X