Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
    $900.00 for mine.
    Have any pictures, and maybe the ranch so the guys that think it is easy can find out for themselves.

Comment

My father in law was going to shoot one of our bulls that became wild. We couldn't round up the SOB for two years. I think he was going to kill it out of anger, not sport....We finally got it in the trailer and it went straight to auction!

I saw on TV that Jim Shockey killed one in Argentina or Mexico or something...

Comment

Originally posted by Grafsonhunt View Post
        Have any pictures, and maybe the ranch so the guys that think it is easy can find out for themselves.
        I will try to sneek up & get a few pics if i can get close enough tonight, might have to set some TCs out on trails , some times they go to the feeders or salt licks.

Comment

sorry shooting a cow just wouldn't do it for me...but neither would a goat

Comment

Beef it's whats for dinner

Comment

For $750 you can shoot any cow on my place. For $1,000, you can shoot any bull. I promise they're wild and they'll charge you if you have range cubes.

Comment

A couple years ago, when working at the sale barn... Guy told me that he would pay me 500 bucks to catch a wild cow and bull on his place (2 sections). First thought was to drive up dart, load them, put them in the tall back pens of the sale bare until withdrawl period was meet and split $500 three ways in under an hour.,........

Took two days to find them(with two good Catch Dogs). It took us three days to get with in roping ranging , b/c it was to thick and couldn't ever get a shot with the dart gun. By the forth day we finally got the cow roped and choked down.... once loaded in the trailer she took out the middle gate of big bend cacth trailer($200 bucks to fix).... and went right over the top of the back of the catch trailer..... it gets better..

. we found the bull the next day I finally got a rope on him and before we could get another rope on him he came back up the rope, and broke a leg on my horse, and i broke two ribs..... The bull ended up getting shot dead ..
                the cow was never seen again.

Wild or even unruly Cows are no joke... I've been around a few that would come to you for being in the same pasture....

Becareful what you wish for... Tame cows are fun to make jokes about.... the not tame will be the ones laughing when they are done with you.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                  sorry shooting a cow just wouldn't do it for me...but neither would a goat
                  How about another farm animal like a pig ? Same thing only way harder to stalk & not get charged.

Comment

Originally posted by LWArchery View Post
                    Beef it's whats for dinner
                    Good one !

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                      A couple years ago, when working at the sale barn... Guy told me that he would pay me 500 bucks to catch a wild cow and bull on his place (2 sections). First thought was to drive up dart, load them, put them in the tall back pens of the sale bare until withdrawl period was meet and split $500 three ways in under an hour.,........

Took two days to find them(with two good Catch Dogs). It took us three days to get with in roping ranging , b/c it was to thick and couldn't ever get a shot with the dart gun. By the forth day we finally got the cow roped and choked down.... once loaded in the trailer she took out the middle gate of big bend cacth trailer($200 bucks to fix).... and went right over the top of the back of the catch trailer..... it gets better..

. we found the bull the next day I finally got a rope on him and before we could get another rope on him he came back up the rope, and broke a leg on my horse, and i broke two ribs..... The bull ended up getting shot dead ..
                      the cow was never seen again.

Wild or even unruly Cows are no joke... I've been around a few that would come to you for being in the same pasture....

Becareful what you wish for... Tame cows are fun to make jokes about.... the not tame will be the ones laughing when they are done with you.
                      I agree 100 percent , been catching wild cattle all my life and untill you do it you wouldn't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                        For $750 you can shoot any cow on my place. For $1,000, you can shoot any bull. I promise they're wild and they'll charge you if you have range cubes.
                        X2

LMFAO!!!

Comment

I agree 100 percent , been catching wild cattle all my life and untill you do it you wouldn't understand.
                          i fully understand .....there some over in these east texas bottoms that havnt seen man in years .........high headed aint the word for some of em

Comment

Originally posted by Grafsonhunt View Post
                            Went on a wild Watusi hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting. You could drive up to them in the truck, but if you stepped out they high-tailed it into the thicket. I stalked them and they were certainly wild, had to get ahead of them and catch them as they were slipping through the mesquite and crossing a road. I made a good shot, one I thought would put him down quickly, but four hours later I was still tracking trying to get another shot. These things are smarter than I thought. After...finally...the third shot I had my trophy. I would recommend this challanging hunt to anyone. It takes a long time for the two 40 gallon lungs to fill up, so always go for the heart shot first.

[ATTACH]108813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]108814[/ATTACH]

They make an impressive mount also.

[ATTACH]108815[/ATTACH]
                            Very cool.

Old lease member told me that last year the only thing he killed was a pig and a feral cow. I just did not know what to say. After reading this thread, it has me thinking. Could you kill one on public land. If you can find one?

Comment

Man I bet a cow would leave a huge blood trail..be like poppin a zit.

Comment

How about another farm animal like a pig ? Same thing only way harder to stalk & not get charged.
                                I shoot pigs because I hate them and they eat my corn Never have paid to kill pigs but have been paid to kill them
                                Last edited by AgHntr10; 07-22-2009, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X