Wild Cattle Hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

similar ?
    When I was in Nam we CA'd into an abandoned Vietnamese farm in a valley where all the civilians had been removed to refugee camps.
    This farmer's water buffalo had been left behind and had gone feral.
    When we landed, the LZ was hot, under fire and the buffalo was running around out in a rice paddy freaked out from all the shooting.
    He stomped on one of the guys in our unit who was pinned down on the side of a levee.
    That night we shot him with a round of beehive from a recoiless - can you say hamburger

BTW- I hear hunting wild chickens is a blast

Comment

Looks like I'm going to put my Blackbuck on hold and go after one of these brutes. I can get entirely too many steaks off of one these bad boys to pass on this type of hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Grafsonhunt View Post
        Went on a wild Watusi hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting. You could drive up to them in the truck, but if you stepped out they high-tailed it into the thicket. I stalked them and they were certainly wild, had to get ahead of them and catch them as they were slipping through the mesquite and crossing a road. I made a good shot, one I thought would put him down quickly, but four hours later I was still tracking trying to get another shot. These things are smarter than I thought. After...finally...the third shot I had my trophy. I would recommend this challanging hunt to anyone. It takes a long time for the two 40 gallon lungs to fill up, so always go for the heart shot first.

[ATTACH]108813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]108814[/ATTACH]

They make an impressive mount also.

[ATTACH]108815[/ATTACH]
        Watusi are cool. Congrats. What arrow/ broadhead / poundage did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Grafsonhunt View Post
          Went on a wild Watusi hunt at Mesquite Bowhunting. You could drive up to them in the truck, but if you stepped out they high-tailed it into the thicket. I stalked them and they were certainly wild, had to get ahead of them and catch them as they were slipping through the mesquite and crossing a road. I made a good shot, one I thought would put him down quickly, but four hours later I was still tracking trying to get another shot. These things are smarter than I thought. After...finally...the third shot I had my trophy. I would recommend this challanging hunt to anyone. It takes a long time for the two 40 gallon lungs to fill up, so always go for the heart shot first.

[ATTACH]108813[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]108814[/ATTACH]

They make an impressive mount also.

[ATTACH]108815[/ATTACH]
          When I was at a Bull Ride last summer.There was a Watusi in the draw I drew him out of about 20. Didn't buck worth a flip Put 6-8 Boots in him got a 71. People actually kill these things DANG

Comment

i watched a hunting show where they were hunting mexican fighting bulls last night. can't remember the name of the show, but i know it took place somewhere in mexico.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

GRAB THE RANGE CUBES AND THE BOW BOYZ ............MAN I DONT THINK I COULD

Comment

This really happened

I was hunting public land in N. Texas on a cold opening day of gun season. My hunting buddy was sitting in a tree stand about 400 yds away across a big grasslands area.

We heard several bellows from the direcion where my brother was hunting. Before long here comes Ferdinand with flames coming out his nostrils at a full run, surrounded by four heifers. The red bull must have weighed a ton and the heifers were huge and surrouded the bull every time he stopped to sniff the air. These were some of the wildest looking critters I've ever seen.

After the hunt my buddy asked me why I didn't shoot that bull. My response was:

"I was afraid he'd come over there and push my tree down and stomp a mudhole in my butt."

I promise I wasn't a smoking or a drinking nuthin.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    I know on Robinhoods place if he can't get em stump broke in six months they're considered wild.
                    I was wondering why he was leading a heifer on a halter and mumbling something about about wild cows

Comment

Originally posted by Razor Dobbs View Post
                      Watusi are cool. Congrats. What arrow/ broadhead / poundage did you use?
                      I use Beman arrows/400...Phantom broadheads/100 gr...and 70# Mathews DXT. The first arrow was a pass through. The second hit the shoulder and completely broke the bone in half. The third from the opposite side hit the heart and stopped in the broken leg bone on the off side. The first shot should have done the trick. These things are tough.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                        Looks like I'm going to put my Blackbuck on hold and go after one of these brutes. I can get entirely too many steaks off of one these bad boys to pass on this type of hunt.
                        I got 390 lbs of hamburger and 490 lbs of steaks. The steaks are slightly tough but the hamburger is hamburger with less fat. All is mighty good.

Comment

I saw a hunt in OK last year for a watusi bull, but it seems like there is now challange in cow hunting. Maybe a different stork if you had kill it with a bowie knife

Comment

i hate cows. why not..... how much?

Comment

Originally posted by leebtattoos View Post
                              i hate cows. why not..... how much?
                              Hunt around and you can find them for $1,000 - $1500. I have a freezer full of good meat for slightly over $1.00 a pound...Plus the fun of the hunt.

Comment

$900.00 for mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X