No announcement yet.

I Think it's Time to Bury Elvis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I'm concerned, Elvis died when Leggy passed the torch. No offense to Joey or those who tried to carry on the tradition, but to me the VE could only put a smile on my face and send a shiver up my spine when the rib king was at the helm of the keyboard. Back in the day, it was the closest thing to a cyberspace high five as you could dream of getting. I agree with Michael when he stated the wording of the award was as much an important part of a VE as the actual posting of the famed image that represented a long and storied tradition of the green screen.

If he is officially dead, then so be it. (Never thought I would see the day) Long live the King.

Comment

Isn't there a song out from I think the Geezenslaw's, called "Yabba Dabba Do, the King is Gone, and so are You!" Seem's kinda fitting!

Comment

Just a thought...

I got a Velvet Elvis for nabbing a Bank Robber...he had a whitetail and my Glock stuck in his face.

The VE was fun in it's time, but now let's do the Pabts Awards...
        Pabts Blue Ribbon for Whitetail harvests and Pabts Blue Ribbon Light for Non-Whitetail harvests.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Fulldraw View Post
          No offense to Joey ....................
          None taken, hand.

I felt like I was having sex in the closet with my cousin, the first time I bestowed the VE.

Just wasnt right!

Legdog's snake boots cant be filled!

I tried!
          Last edited by Joey~AP; 10-27-2006, 12:31 PM.
          Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
          l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
          ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Joey, what's wrong with your cousin?

Comment

Working...
            X