Trick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
    Yes the plane can move fwd via the thrust but it will not be near enough to create lift.
    As if dude. You should just stop

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
      Did you watch the whole video?
      No I shut it off half way through. Guess I should have watched the full thing

Comment

This thread has been comical.

Yes it will fly.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

Comment

I seen a cow laying down in a pasture yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by skulleton View Post
            I seen a cow laying down in a pasture yesterday.
            Was it on a conveyor belt? If so, it laid down cuz it was tired of trying walk and getting nowhere.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
              I rest my case
              Actually I rest my case

Comment

I tried this experiment last night with my old lady's treadmill and a skateboard. Got my ****** hung up in the box fan.
                Should have just watched the video.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                  A prop pulls, a jet pushes, and you can pitch the prop, not to mention the prop is pushing wind under and across the wings.
                  Why do you think Draco takes off in like 10ft, show me a jet without pitchable thrusters that can do that.
                  For the record, there are planes with props that are pushers. The props are in the rear. See them coming in and out of Love Field pretty regular.

Comment

Couldn't get through all of them, but what I did read helps me understand my students difficulties on physics tests. I may be repeating, since I didn't read it all, but from a physics standpoint the belt matches the wheels velocity and it doesn't matter what is causing the wheels to turn, ie jet propulsion. Based on the question, the belt ALWAYS matches the turning wheels, therefore the relative velocity between the plane and earth (and by default the atmosphere since it rotates with the earth) will always be zero. With zero relative velocity between the wings and the atmosphere, lift can't be generated.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

The correct answer is in #24

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post
                        Couldn't get through all of them, but what I did read helps me understand my students difficulties on physics tests. I may be repeating, since I didn't read it all, but from a physics standpoint the belt matches the wheels velocity and it doesn't matter what is causing the wheels to turn, ie jet propulsion. Based on the question, the belt ALWAYS matches the turning wheels, therefore the relative velocity between the plane and earth (and by default the atmosphere since it rotates with the earth) will always be zero. With zero relative velocity between the wings and the atmosphere, lift can't be generated.

The thrust is acting upon the atmosphere regardless of what the wheels are doing. they will spin at whatever speed they want. No motion of the wheels is going to change the fact that air is taken in and thrust out. This force is acting upon the entire assembly of the plane. Not the runway. you cannot null out the thrust by spinning the wheels as the wheels are not driving the plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger View Post

On my God stop teaching kids

Comment

When this comes up I like to ask those that think it wont fly a simple question. Please explain how a treadmill can stop a plane from moving once thrust is applied. Of course, there is no plausible answer to this question but the mental gymnastics is entertaining

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                              The correct answer is in #24
                              No but it's the shortest wrong answer posted so far so there's that

Comment

Yes

Comment

Working...
                                X