Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
    Geez, that’s some encouraging info. Lol
    Been fishing the coast all my life so used to being around some sharks & rays but probably not in the numbers you are speaking of. I got invited on this trip that was booked by someone else. Always dicey that time of year for storms but just have to make the best of it.
    Thanks for the comforting words.

Ignorance is bliss my man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Been fishing the coast all my life so used to being around some sharks & rays but probably not in the numbers you are speaking of. I got invited on this trip that was booked by someone else. Always dicey that time of year for storms but just have to make the best of it.
      Just go fish and have fun. Better chance of something happening on the way over there than out there. Plenty of sharks and rays in the water around u in tx.

Comment

Awwwww don't worry.... just make sure your stringer is break away.

Comment

Any info ya'll can share for a group going this weekend? Looks like it will be an east wind. We were throwing tails under a Mansfield mauler and doing good last time. What colors were ya'll doing best with? Any specific areas?

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
            Any info ya'll can share for a group going this weekend? Looks like it will be an east wind. We were throwing tails under a Mansfield mauler and doing good last time. What colors were ya'll doing best with? Any specific areas?
            Peckerwood point for reds. Color didnt seem to mater

Trout was scattered all over. I want to say mostly lighter stuff. I caught one trout under a cork, the rest just a plastic. The Boswells and FVR got them on spoons one morning.

Comment

My experience there is color is not as important as presentation. When you find out how they like it, try to repeat that as long as they’re eating it. The one thing that does seem to improve catch is a chartreuse tail. Generally thro as light as you can throw in the weather you’re fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Peckerwood point for reds. Color didnt seem to mater

Trout was scattered all over. I want to say mostly lighter stuff. I caught one trout under a cork, the rest just a plastic. The Boswells and FVR got them on spoons one morning.

One stop produced a few bigger trout and upper slot reds on spoons but numbers came on DSL under 1/8 head.

Like Slick said, once we found them color didn’t matter much

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                  One stop produced a few bigger trout and upper slot reds on spoons but numbers came on DSL under 1/8 head.

Like Slick said, once we found them color didn’t matter much
                  Like said ,once we found them,they hit any color we threw. Went through 4 or 5 bags of DSL in one morning. All different colors & all were just as good.

Comment

I threw a rock and caught one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                      I threw a rock and caught one

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                      That trout left me, speechless...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        That trout left me, speechless...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Correct me if I’m wrong but is the size & bag limits for Chandeleurs regulated by Louisiana. If I’m reading regulations correctly you can only keep your daily limit & possession is no more than daily bag limit ?

Comment

Man, that looks like a good time.

Comment

I noticed it say's Southern Sports on the boats but when I go to them it's the VI, which was Capt. Bobby and no longer in business from what I had heard. We went with him years ago and had a great trip but have heard nothing but bad things last few years. I also noticed none of the boats, motherships, posted were the VI.

Comment

Disregard, found the correct site for this outfit.

Comment

Working...
                                X