Cattle panel bow hide??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle panel bow hide??

Alright GS brains! How much room will I have if I use a 16’ cattle panel in a circle? Help this 70 yr old brain out.

I don't know the diameter, (maybe 4' across) but you will not have as much room as you think. I built one in a square and had to add more panel to it along with a door. I believe that was a 6'X6'
    Last edited by BOBSTER; 04-04-2023, 10:08 PM.

Comment

The diameter should be roughly 5.09ft

Comment

Try this: build a 6’x6’ square with 2x4’s or 2x6’s. Use 1 cattle panel and secure one end inside the wood square, then secure the other end inside the opposite side of the square. Repeat and overlap with another panel to make up the difference not covered by the first panel. Use a good material to wrap over loops you made with the cattle panel. Use another 2x4 board to span across the hoop on the front , open side to form a shooting rest by drilling holes in the ends of the 2x4 and zip tying to the panels about shooting height. The ceiling will be 6’ tall and entire “hay bale” blind can easily hold 3 adults. I can send pics.

Supply list:

5-2x6x6 boards.
        2 cattle panels
        Fence staples
        Black zip ties or baling wire
        Wrapping material: tarp, poly, landfill liner, etc.

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

We have used 1 panel but left a 3-foot gap for a door (carpet or rubber mat) and that gave us a little more room. Used 3 PVC pipes bent upwards to form the roof and then covered the whole thing with a black weed barrier and then carpet or duck blind material. We cut the bottom wire off to make spikes to stick in the ground.

Comment

Take your bolt cutters or a cut off wheel and cut your 16' panel into 3 pieces (2@ 5' and 1@6'. Wire the two 5' pieces back onto each end of the 6' piece, like a tri-fold. Stand it up in front of some brush/bushes/tree. Brush it in with cut branches or use artificial Christmas tree branches to brush it in. Take a folding lawn chair and sit in your blind. You will have plenty of room and it will last for years.

Comment

I make mine out of a full panel and a half. That gives me 24’.
                I overlap 18” on each end and wire together. Now I have 21’ left to make my circle.
                That gives me a blind of approx. 6.5’ in diameter inside.
                I use the remaining 6’ piece of panel to make the roof.

Comment

If you already have the cattle panels then by all means use them. Concrete reinforcing wire comes in rolls and is much easier to work with. A section of cattle panel with a slight bend in it makes a nice roof.

Comment

The video to watch

Originally posted by nacohunter View Post
                    Try this: build a 6’x6’ square with 2x4’s or 2x6’s. Use 1 cattle panel and secure one end inside the wood square, then secure the other end inside the opposite side of the square. Repeat and overlap with another panel to make up the difference not covered by the first panel. Use a good material to wrap over loops you made with the cattle panel. Use another 2x4 board to span across the hoop on the front , open side to form a shooting rest by drilling holes in the ends of the 2x4 and zip tying to the panels about shooting height. The ceiling will be 6’ tall and entire “hay bale” blind can easily hold 3 adults. I can send pics.

Supply list:

5-2x6x6 boards.
                    2 cattle panels
                    Fence staples
                    Black zip ties or baling wire
                    Wrapping material: tarp, poly, landfill liner, etc.

Comment

Working...
                    X