2008 frontier question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 frontier question

about 9 months ago, the catalytic converter was replaced. it had just under 250k miles. 1 month ago the clutch and pressure plate also. 3 weeks ago, I stopped and topped the gas and it started running ruff 35 miles later. then really ruff. orded in some new coils. ran great for about 1 minute. back to ruff. drove home and the check engin light started blinking. bad time and sign for sure. pulled the plugs and one was soaked in oil. took it to a shop and as expected, bad engin. so it is being replaced. 9 grand. alot but cheaper than a new truck.
    my question is how much do you think this truck is now worth?

Is a 2008 Frontier worth $9 grand? But, I understand fixing it vs buying new.

Comment

I know. not wanting to set into a 40k truck at this stage just yet. even 2018 are 20 grand!!!

Comment

Have you considered a used engine?

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
          Have you considered a used engine?
          they all have the same miles as the old one. about 250k the new rebuilt should be ready for me to drive out April 7 the same model as mine are going from 4,500 to 7,000$ but thats with 200k miles. I wanted to replace in 2020 but covid hit.

Comment

Wow, you are between a rock and a harder rock . I hope the new lasts for many, many miles/years.

Comment

Originally posted by boy wonder View Post
              Wow, you are between a rock and a harder rock . I hope the new lasts for many, many miles/years.
              thanks. a good used price for the truck is what I am looking for.

Comment

so what does the on line blue book type program say its worth? that is going to be in the ball park

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                  so what does the on line blue book type program say its worth? that is going to be in the ball park
                  cant find anyting with a new motor.

Comment

Rebuilt or replaced doesn’t give the consumer much comfort in the purchase. Not knowing the vehicle, how it was driven maintained etc. what hidden problem could be next. A warranty on an engine helps but there’s a warranty for a reason and even a warranty replacement adds cost. So. At 15 years old vehicle I don’t see a new motor or a used motor making much difference on the price tag.

On the other hand for your justification Had you bought a 40k truck today your payments would be about 800. So a 9k repair would be paid off in 12 months and then back to no payment assuming no other repairs for a while. It’s a gamble that may driven best by factors such as financial situation, reliability and use

Comment

going to sell it just before the 36 thousand mile warranty runs out.
                      new trucks just have too much "stuff" I dont want or need. it took a day to look around.
                      thanks for you input.

Comment

It's like repowering a boat. You best plan on keeping it.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X