X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First trip from League City suggestions:

Red Shoes RV park in Kinder, LA
    Cajun Palms in Lafayette, LA.

But I'd probably make my first trip be just down the road from home. Go to Galveston or Jet Stream RV park (site sponsor) so you're close to home if you need anything. After that get on the road and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
      Lubing mine now and saw this-
      So the rubber cap should might say what brand it is.

And yes my first wheel took plenty of pumps before flushing some forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As did all the rest.
      25 ish pumps each before the new grease stared pushing the factory grease out the front. I spun each wheel by hand when pumping as well.
      All wheels gud-n-tite, no back and forth play [emoji106].

Comment

As did all the rest.
        25 ish pumps each before the new grease stared pushing the factory grease out the front. I spun each wheel by hand when pumping as well.
        All wheels gud-n-tite, no back and forth play [emoji106].

Totally normal. The factory is going to pack the front and rear bearings and send it, they won’t waste the grease to fill the big void in between the 2 bearings, no one did before Bearing Buddies got popular.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
          Totally normal. The factory is going to pack the front and rear bearings and send it, they won’t waste the grease to fill the big void in between the 2 bearings, no one did before Bearing Buddies got popular.

Yep, there’s no friction between the bearings.

Comment

2023 RV/Camping Thread

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

That makes sense.
            The void is full now [emoji51]

Last edited by DaveC; 04-08-2023, 07:49 PM.

Comment

That makes sense.
              The void is full now [emoji51]

And that’s fine, I have a couple trailers with Bearing Buddies and went through the same.

Bearing Buddies do save having to pull the hub, re-pack & replace seals annually but cost a little grease in the process.

Comment

Pilot Knoll on Lake Lewisville

Comment

I found my axel information: Lippert 7000 lb capacity each.
                  I'm sure most folks have these, but I thought I would attach pictures for folks like me that are new to campers. The 90 degree hose attachments take stress off of your hoses, and I added quick connections to all hoses. I also bought a gmp meter to try out. If you're wanting to put X gallons into your fresh water tank or keep up with how many gallons you're putting in your black tanks while flushing, this will keep you from relying on the level transmitters inside your coach. All can be found on Amazon. They're a cheap hack and an easy install!
                  Attached Files

Comment

This will seem like a small victory, but in my house it's a huge win. Bought our new to us Raptor last year (posted in the old thread). Lake a fool, I took delivery even though the auto level system timed out in the lot during the walkthrough. I wont list the 10 excuses for not making them work on it. Manual leveling worked well I've just lived with it but it always bugged me. I would come back to it every couple of months and finally figured out this week it was the pressure switch. Works perfectly now. $100 part off of amazon and 15 minutes to change it.

Comment

We have our first trip booked! We decided to go to Fredericksburg 5/17-5/21. We’ll be staying at Fredericksburg RV Park. We’ve been in the Houston area going on 16 years, and thought this would be perfect. I’ve pretty much got the new 5th wheel ready to go with a lot of small upgrades and accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                        We have our first trip booked! We decided to go to Fredericksburg 5/17-5/21. We’ll be staying at Fredericksburg RV Park. We’ve been in the Houston area going on 16 years, and thought this would be perfect. I’ve pretty much got the new 5th wheel ready to go with a lot of small upgrades and accessories.
                        Love going to that part of the state. I'm sure y'all will enjoy it. Any thoughts on the route you will take? When we were in Bryan, we started going out Hwy 71 to 130 and down to Buda. From Buda we went the back roads and came out on the west side of Dripping Springs so cut out that whole 290 Austin mess.

We were supposed to leave for S. Llano River SP this morning but the forecast changed there for this week with high chances of rain almost every day. We canceled late yesterday. I hope they get it because they really need the rain there.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbuddyandroby View Post
                          I found my axel information: Lippert 7000 lb capacity each.
                          I'm sure most folks have these, but I thought I would attach pictures for folks like me that are new to campers. The 90 degree hose attachments take stress off of your hoses, and I added quick connections to all hoses. I also bought a gmp meter to try out. If you're wanting to put X gallons into your fresh water tank or keep up with how many gallons you're putting in your black tanks while flushing, this will keep you from relying on the level transmitters inside your coach. All can be found on Amazon. They're a cheap hack and an easy install!
                          That gap meter is a neat tool. May have to get one. Have a link for it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                            Love going to that part of the state. I'm sure y'all will enjoy it. Any thoughts on the route you will take? When we were in Bryan, we started going out Hwy 71 to 130 and down to Buda. From Buda we went the back roads and came out on the west side of Dripping Springs so cut out that whole 290 Austin mess.

We were supposed to leave for S. Llano River SP this morning but the forecast changed there for this week with high chances of rain almost every day. We canceled late yesterday. I hope they get it because they really need the rain there.
                            I have no idea which way we will go... Any suggestions from League City is much appreciated!
                            Originally posted by 68rustbucket View Post
                            That gap meter is a neat tool. May have to get one. Have a link for it?
                            It's on Amazon- If that link don't work, search- Save a Drop P3 Blue Water Flow Meter | Measure Gallon Usage from an Outdoor Garden Hose | Helps Conserve Water http://https://www.amazon.com/P3-Mea...NrPXRydWU&th=1

Comment

Let’s talk wax. Buffed half my camper yesterday with McGuires restorer then marine wax. What can I use to prevent the oxidation and all this work again?

Yes I will be doing the other half just ran out of time.

Comment

2023 RV/Camping Thread

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                Let’s talk wax. Buffed half my camper yesterday with McGuires restorer then marine wax. What can I use to prevent the oxidation and all this work again?

Yes I will be doing the other half just ran out of time.

The “had been doing it a long time “ salesman who sold us our previous trailer warned us not to wax the siding.
                                He claimed that although the fiberglass sides look smooth, they are actually pretty porous.
                                If you wax the sides the wax fills in the tiny voids and can’t be buffed out of the tiny spaces. Then when the sun bakes it it will turn chalky and dull looking .

We followed his advice and only used automotive wash on it and it looked quite well when we sold it after 10 years of owning it. It sat outside, uncovered as well. In the Menard sun for 4 months at a time most of its life.
                                The only part that showed age was the side stickers, and the front cap- the front cap was the only part I waxed on occasion and it was the only side to have the chalky look.

Our newest trailer is parked under an awning, I think I’ll-pass on waxing it as well.

That reminds me, time for a wash before our next trip.

P.s.- using that philosophy ^ if it’s been waxed even once you’ll be buffing and waxing the rest of the time you own it to clean out the old sun baked chalk and replace with new.

Not sure why he would tell us that, it was no consequence to him either way. I followed his advise and it worked for me. YMMV

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Last edited by DaveC; 05-06-2023, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X