Palo Pinto County Gobblers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Palo Pinto County Gobblers

Anyone else hunt in or around Palo Pinto county and seeing or hearing Turkey? It is usually like clockwork around here this time of year and I have seen zero sign of them anywhere. Maybe they are a little late this year but it’s sure weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m blaming worst drought in many years, two tough winters, fires and way too many predators for a lower population. My birds have disappeared too

But i know people in certain areas have plenty of birds. ????

BP

Comment

Things are early, not late. Have you had a bunch of building around you?

Comment

Originally posted by Slabby View Post
        Things are early, not late. Have you had a bunch of building around you?

No building, they are definitely not using the same roost they usually use on the creek.

Comment

not seeing any birds anywhere in over a year now

Comment

Numbers are definitely down in the Gordon area

Comment

They were gobbling like crazy last Friday evening, every noise had them popping off until after dark around 8:45 pm

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
                They were gobbling like crazy last Friday evening, every noise had them popping off until after dark around 8:45 pm

Good to know, my buddy has a place in Gordon I’ll have to check it out.

Comment

We are on the east side of the lake. Every year they totally disappear and then seem to show up during turkey season.

Not always the most talkative, a couple guys end up taking a few over feeders.

Comment

I was out today setting up a couple of popups, one on each end of the lease. I called a few times at both locations and had gobbles returned at both spots. I've only had a few pics on my cell cams of turkeys tho, but I think the pigs always being there has kept them from the feeders. I'm gonna have to get some panels up.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                      We are on the east side of the lake. Every year they totally disappear and then seem to show up during turkey season.

Not always the most talkative, a couple guys end up taking a few over feeders.

Birds seem to have abandoned a lot of areas around east side of the lake do to all the building/traffic

Comment

Working...
                      X