Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kong
    replied
    I’d recommend Tannerite with 25 gallons of diesel, no house on planet earth is worth that much trouble and I’d suggest tossing the HOA president inside prior to ignition to save the next guy the trouble.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    If you can’t get the HOA to agree to painting it a color your wife likes- find another house. There’s better things to spend your tine and money doing than satisfying some HOA telling you what your house, that you paid for will look like.

My 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• PondPopper
    replied
    Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Dozer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    LMAO!!!
    After I spent 200 hours on just one wall, on the short side that is, l could easily see this happening...

Leave a comment:

• Snowflake Killa
    replied
    Dozer

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Rubberdown
    replied
    Dry ice blasting will remove it with no damage to other things. Not the cheapest route but a very good option.

Leave a comment:

• 6.5 shooter
    replied
    Originally posted by Hollywood View Post
    Pear Burner followed by a 4000 PSI pressure washer, may have a few spots to hit twice.
    Probably will want to reseal with the correct masonry sealer. Masonry has to breathe, never paint brick.
    Lots of home improvement shows paint brick all the time.

Leave a comment:

• bpa556
    replied
    Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
    Most painted brick houses seem to be done so to cover up the cracks from settling and poor tuck pointing. Prepare for a leveling bid. Then prepare for a plumbing bid for cracked sewer lines and broken yard line. Then prepare for a tuck pointing bid. Then prepare for a drywall bid. Then a painting bid. Etc.
    Good luck MrCTR
    This is not accurate

Leave a comment:

• Hollywood
    replied
    Pear Burner followed by a 4000 PSI pressure washer, may have a few spots to hit twice.
    Probably will want to reseal with the correct masonry sealer. Masonry has to breathe, never paint brick.

Leave a comment:

• JFFB
    replied
    What ???

Most painted brick houses seem to be done so to cover up the cracks from settling and poor tuck pointing. Prepare for a leveling bid. Then prepare for a plumbing bid for cracked sewer lines and broken yard line. Then prepare for a tuck pointing bid. Then prepare for a drywall bid. Then a painting bid. Etc.

Power spraying will work just fine. It wont be perfectly clean. God, Texas heat and Texas sun will finish off the small stuff over time.

Rubbing Alcohol will dissolve water based paints. Im not sure how to scale that up for your application.

Id walk the deal if there wasnt a mnimum 60k margin.

Good luck MrCTR
    Where did you dream this up. Sorry Sir paint is not going to cover up every thing you posted. OMG. That's why they have inspections on a house before it's sold.

Leave a comment:

• Dale Moser
    replied

Power spraying will work just fine. It wont be perfectly clean. God, Texas heat and Texas sun will finish off the small stuff over time.

All false

Leave a comment:

• tpack
    replied
    I’d move on.

Leave a comment:

• Traildust
    replied
    Pear burner!

Leave a comment:

• Briar Friar
    replied

Rubbing Alcohol will dissolve water based paints. Im not sure how to scale that up for your application.

Id walk the deal if there wasnt a mnimum 60k margin.

Good luck MrCTR

Leave a comment:

• hog_down
    replied
    I think I had a thread on here a while back about me trying to remove paint from an interior fireplace. I tried chemicals, and the best thing that worked for me was a wire wheel on a grinder. Keep in mind, I was and still am living in the house. Literally dust of every kind everywhere, cleanup was a pain.

Leave a comment:

• JhuntsAlot
    replied
    You could try a propane torch. Maybe heat it up until it bubbles and then pressure wash it off.?.?

Have not tried this, just thinking in key strokes.

J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X