No announcement yet.

Tired of being fat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You don't have to necessarily "eat right"... just don't eat very much. Slow way down when you eat. It's not easy but it makes a difference.
    Also walk the dogs every evening 1mile (that's about 15-20 mins) even if you don't have dogs. BE CONSISTENT! Good luck. You can do it!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want to get extreme, do what I did. 1,800 calorie diet(tracked on Myfitnesspal.com) and a steady stream of Cardio Workouts. Did Insanity a couple of times, T-25 workouts 3 times and Asylum. You can work at you own pace and hit pause when you need to, just hit play and continue.
      I went from 274 lbs to 196 lbs in 10 months. Dropped 12 inches in my waist and was in the best shape of my life.
      Word of warning, the workouts require no equipment, just a Personal Push to start them and complete them. THEY WORK.....

Comment

What about fasting. Is it effective?

Comment

Cut out dairy products and sodas and drop all the weight you want. I started at 225-230 average and dropped to 185-190. Flat stomach and feel much better without my extra 30 lbs of milk.ice cream, cream cheese and sour cream. The huge bowl of cereal before bed is gone and my 7-9 gallons of milk(2%) a week is gone too. All history and so is the extra 30 lbs. Weighed 180 today and would not go back to my old ways of eating. The difference for me is I became lactose intolerance 2 years ago and took 8 months to figure out what was wrong. So my stomach determines what I eat and if I keep it happy then the weight stays gone. I do treat myself to a scoop of ice cream but sometimes but I know whats coming the next day. Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMangle View Post
            Originally posted by Rakro

Yes, fasting works great for weight loss. Though I recommend choosing intermittent fasting instead of water fasting as it is a healthier way to lose weight and achieve your fitness goal. I personally really like the 16:8 intermittent fasting plan (fasting for 16 hours each day and eating only during an 8-hour window). It is easy to follow and I don't feel hungry. Also, no sickness. I should say, it helped me not only lose weight but also increase my energy levels and improve my heart health. But it is better to talk to your doctor first, especially if you have any chronic conditions.
            If the 16 hour is to much, I'm finding success doing 12 hours. I still eat what I want but pay close attention to the portion size and the time I eat dinner. Some days we eat late around 7pm, so I'll eat my first meal the next day after 7am. I started this year at 315 and down 296.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
              Get a prescription for Semaglutide it works well. Weight is all about what you eat and semaglutide knocks back the hunger feeling.
              If you have trouble with portion control like I do, this is a great path. I've tried all the portion control until i don't, tried fasting until i break it. But I get hungry, I eat. Using semaglutide, I don't get hungry so I can keep the fast or eat a smaller portion size. I started wegovy recently and they're having supply issues at the smaller doses but said it should be fixed by september. I skipped one lower level to get to 1.7 and not get hit with the supply issues. Since I've started it, I've dropped 25# and my grocery bill has been cut in half. If insurance doesn't cover it's expensive but luckily mine does cover it so I only pay $25/month. About to start the full strength dosage so hopefully will continue in this journey.

Comment

I have become carnivore. I’ve never been on a simpler way of eating. It’s not so much a diet as it is a lifestyle. It is truly the healthiest way of eating I’ve ever experienced.
                I eat only animal products. This not just about weight loss but more about improving your overall heath. The weight loss is just a side benefit.
                I have now been carnivore for 61 days and these are the benefits I have received.
                17 lb loss.

Inflammation way down.

Hands don’t hurt. Can make a fist again.

Knees don’t hurt.

Right hip doesn’t hurt.

Left hip (prosthetic) is better.

Back is 80-90% pain free.

Shoulders are 90% pain free.

IBS is gone.

Bowel inflammation is gone.

Crohns is gone.

Energy is up.

Attitude is better.

Haven’t noticed any floaters in eyes.

Eye dryness and watering reduced 90%.

Running nose reduced 98%.

Walking two miles every other day without support.

Exercising with resistance bands every other day.

Stamina is getting better.

Things just keep getting better.
                Im 67 years old and I feel better now than I did when I was in my 50’s.

Comment

Originally posted by HappyMangle View Post
                  I recommend reading/listening to the book “Outlive” by Peter Attia (I started a thread about it yesterday.) At least look up some recent podcasts/videos on the exercise and nutrition parts of his pillars for health span…and listen while you’re working on your zone 2 cardio!

Here’s what I did, recently, to lose weight quickly, and modifications I’ve made since (and continue to make after listening to the book.)

I’m 53 yo and just shy if 5’11”. I’ve been as high as 216 and more recently hovered in the 202-208# range. At the end of March I decided I wanted to get to 190# as quickly as possible. I started with a 21 hour fast on 4/3, followed by a 24 hour fast the next day and a 30+ hour fast two days later. After Easter weekend, I (and my wife) settled into Alternate Day Fasting (ADF), or 24 hour fast every other day. Importantly, we combined our IF (or TRF - Time Restricted Feeding) with Keto (or a modified version with higher protein and a little less fat (focusing slightly more monounsaturated than saturated and polyunsaturated) AND tried to get a 3.1 mile (5k) “activity” (some combination of running, walking, hiking, rucking, etc.) in every day (in addition to generally more movement throughout each day.) I was averaging over 15k steps and 5+ miles of walking/running, per my Iwatch. Oh, and I had already almost completely eliminated alcohol, especially during the week.

We initially decided to do it for 30 days (strict during the week, some variance on weekends when we were doing social activities with other people.) I lost 13 lbs and achieved my initial target weight by May 3rd, but I decided I had plenty more to lose (as did my wife) so we decided to continue the program. I dropped another 9 lbs over the next month, hitting a low of 180. My wife wasn’t as active (she had knee replacement surgery (her second) in May), so she didn’t lose quite as much, although she made considerable progress.

My initial goal was to simply lose weight quickly - kind of a results oriented approach that I knew would motivate me to keep working at it. It worked…kind of.

ADF (combined with Keto and exercise) worked for us (for “weight loss”) because it was an easy way to stay in a caloric deficit (over the week) without counting calories for each meal. Keep in mind that even with a 24 hour fasting period, I was eating one meal on my fasting days (essentially MWF) and limiting to two meals on non fasting days (Tues/Thurs/Sat). Even on non fasting days, we were careful not to make up for the deficit from the fasting days. In fact, it’s fairly difficult to do even if we wanted, which is why it works. However, I believe you’d still have to have some awareness of the foods you’re consuming on your “feeding” (non fasting) days.

As mentioned, I (mostly) adhered to Keto the first month m but transitioned to a high protein/low carb version of a Mediterranean diet the second month (and still following in maintenance.) Part of the transition is based on my family history of ASCVD and high cholesterol (another topic for another day.)

While IF worked for me for pure weight loss, the inherent problem is that I lost fat but, also most assuredly, muscle mass (and strength.).

Even before reading Outlive, I modified my “diet” and fasting to add significantly more protein throughout the day. While I may still only have one true “meal” a few days per week, I’ve started supplementing with lean protein “snacks” a few times during the day, while adding resistance training to my workouts (while still maintaining my 5k of “movement”) in order to build/maintain muscle mass (or strength.) My protein “feedings” may consist of several pieces of venison jerky (home dehydrated,
                  of course), plain chicken breast, a can of sardines and usually includes a “clean” whey protein shake. My goal for those protein snacks are simply to ingest protein (about 45g) to achieve about 180g total per day (it’s actually hard to do.)

I’ve maintained 183-185# for the last few weeks, and I’ll continue to monitor and experiment with my nutrition going forward.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Working...
                  X