Need a Custom Roll Cage for Mule Trans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a Custom Roll Cage for Mule Trans

A month or so ago, my daughter's had a run-in with a tree and damaged the cage over my Mule Trans.

I can order the front roll cage from the local Kawasaki dealer for $244, but I was considering having one fabricated that is a little beefier.

Click image for larger version

Name:	roll%20cage.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	24762363

As you can see, the factory one is a little thin.

Does anybody have the capability (or know someone who might) to fabricate something a little heavier duty that still resembles the original? If so, shoot me a PM or email, or just post here.

I'd also like to build or have built a metal top/carry rack for the top, if anybody has ideas.

Thanks,

Michael
    My Flickr Photos

I would contact JMCampbell (I think that is his name on here) Someone was showing off his work he did for them on their roof rack the other day and it looked like top quality work to me.

Comment

or look up some chassis builders in DFW area...race cars have good cages.

Comment

If there are any 4x4 off-road shops near you, I'd check with them. They'll have tubing benders and all the other tools necessary to fabricate a true roll cage as opposed to a "sport cage".

Comment

If you decide to go OEM replacement check out www.cheapcycleparts.com, we get alot of parts for our old UTV/ATV's from them....

Here is a direct link to the Kawasaki parts page.....

Comment

Michael...

Contact jMcampbell here on the site... He has built a couple of things for me and you will not be disappointed....

Comment

Ranger roof ..
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                Michael...

Contact jMcampbell here on the site... He has built a couple of things for me and you will not be disappointed....
                Agreed!

Comment

Bring it down to Caldwell one weekend and we will build one.

Comment

I too have been looking around and there are lots and lots for the Rhino and they are all based out West. They have a lot of options and are far superior than the factory models. The have jigs for most models from what I understand, just google a search for roll cages.

You can get a local to do it as well as long as you are able to get the factory bungs to bolt it back up to the stock pipe. It looks like that is where it broke off in the picture.

There are a lot of option, roofs and racks are commom as well as ice chest holders too. IF you go with additional lights, make sure they are either under the roof line or protect with cage if exposed.

Comment

Moser!

Front and center, hand!
                      Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                      l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                      ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Draco on here can fabricate almost anything he also dose good work and has a powder coater on speed dial

Comment

It's too bad you don't have a brother who used to build rock buggys in his spare time....wait?

I can't bend anything that big.....but I can 45 it!

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
                            Michael...

X3 for jMcampbell...he is making a top for my Rhino in June.

Comment

Originally posted by axisbuck24 View Post
                              X3 for jMcampbell...he is making a top for my Rhino in June.
                              He did some welding on my utility trailer a while back. I showed up at closing time and he waited till I went home and got the trailer and come back.

Comment

Working...
                              X