X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****it!

Comment

That's a bummer on that buck.

I noticed a lot of the mature deer not on camera today also or only for short periods. Last week they were locked in. They are showing highs in the 60s leading up to Xmas.

Comment

I have been down once this season. I hope to make my second trip this weekend. All the cameras were covered up with young deer and pigs... Good Lord... The pigs are all over this year. Day light to dark. Man I hate them. Javi all over too. But no old bucks. My plan is to put a few does in the box that should have already been done but did not get done. I hope a big one decides to slip up and give me a chance. We setup a few new blinds in areas we have never hunter in the 20+ years I have been on this ranch. So I may give them a short. I bought into the I do not have enough hunting stuff and bought one of those mirrored/reflective ground blinds the other day. I might try that out

Comment

New bucks on camera yesterday and today. I got crap to do this weekend so I won’t be hunting. Bummer!

Comment

Despite it being 90 deg today I've had 2 mature bucks come through and check things out, then move on, already this evening. Buddy had one do the same at another spot. Only 1 has been on camera of the 3.

Comment

Definitely chasing. Got bucks blowing in and bucks pushing on does right now.

Comment

I’ll be down a week from today and spend almost two weeks at the ranch.

Comment

Been a pretty slow hunting season so far. With all the green deer have not been moving much. Headed down tomorrow & expect bucks will be on the move. Wont be contributing to this thread after this hunting season. After 19 yrs of owning my ranch I am moving on. In process of acquiring some Elk & Mule deer country for a change of scenery & a new adventure. Probably my last hoorah since the years are catching up w me.

Comment

Went down this last weekend. Saw lots of rubs all over the ranch. Sunday morning my son shot a nice 8 chasing a doe and I had another buck come up hot on a doe. But I had other bucks that could careless about does. So I think we are on the front edge of it all. maybe this cold got them moving this week

Comment

Got back from Carrizo at 630 last night after a fun 3 days in the blind. Very slow November hunting. Younger bucks were chasing good, bigger bucks weren't super interested in the ladies yet. Saw some sneaking around, but they seemed more interested in corn than the tang. Got lots of photos of this young stud. 33 degrees yesterday morning definitely had its effect on the rut coming on, as we are about 10 days behind what we saw last year for rut activity.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Headed down Thursday to stay until just before Christmas. It’s a magical time to be in the brush country!! Don’t really have a trophy target but several management deer are on the list.
                        The magical part about being in the stand in Deep South Texas in the middle of hundreds of thousands of low fence average is you never know what’s going to step out. For our area prime time is about December 10th through Christmas and maybe a week or so after Christmas.

Comment

Getting close but not yet

Comment

Dad and I got here today and both had good evenings. I had a 3 yr old 10 locked down on a doe, he had bucks cruising. The weird thing to me is I had 12-15 other does and yearlings in sight and no other bucks in the area - so yea, think we are on the front edge in McMullen.

Comment

Leaving Friday……
                              La Salle County
                              Fowlerton

Comment

Getting lots of good daytime pics... new bucks showing up on camera too... that's always a good sign!

Comment

Working...
                                X