South Texas Hunter's Thread 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

South Texas Hunter's Thread 2023

Gettin pretty close for sheds to start dropping down South. Most of the deer I have on camera still have antlers but it should be soon.

Deer are hammering the cotton seed right now and we need some rain pretty bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

In and yes we need rain!

Comment

Glad to be back in South Texas and agree on needing rain.

Comment

Ready for another season this will make be my second year on this lease and it shows potential was after a mature 8 point last year but never got a chance at him, be going in a few weeks to top off feeders and protein and swap batteries in cameras! Starr county checking in

Comment

It's dry, dry, dry down south.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Getting real tired of drought. 4 years and counting at our lease in Catarina. It’s ugly but we have put out water stations to try and help. I keep very accurate rainfall records (I’m a weather nerd) and not only is my lease suffering but my place here in Comfort is horrible as well. 16 of last 19 years would be considered drought years. Creeks that never went dry when I was growing up have not had water since 2008. Short exceptions excluded. Ugly

Comment

Please post up when you start seeing deer shed - I am itching to get down there to hunt some dropped horns

Comment

Originally posted by bklem View Post
                Getting real tired of drought. 4 years and counting at our lease in Catarina. It’s ugly but we have put out water stations to try and help. I keep very accurate rainfall records (I’m a weather nerd) and not only is my lease suffering but my place here in Comfort is horrible as well. 16 of last 19 years would be considered drought years. Creeks that never went dry when I was growing up have not had water since 2008. Short exceptions excluded. Ugly

Yeah it’s pretty bad at our place. Been carrying 275 gallons totes to fill a pond. It’s been working pretty well but need to get back to fill it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Huntingfool View Post
                  Please post up when you start seeing deer shed - I am itching to get down there to hunt some dropped horns
                  Found sheds two weeks ago in Dimmit county. Whitetail and exotics

Comment

Was in Jim Hogg Co yesterday. We definitely need some rain.
                    Didn't find any sheds and bucks on cameras still have headgear. Should be anytime.

Comment

I’m worn out with this drought BS too. We have plenty of water for the deer to drink but that doesn’t replace the thousands of acres that looked like scorched earth for months and months. Not to mention getting hammered by the cows at every turn. Very frustrating.

Comment

In for another year in the brush country. Praying for rain.

Comment

Ranch owner pulled all the cattle of our ranch and moved them to his other ranch. First time since 2011 we have not had enough water in the pond to support cattle.

We need rain something bad.

Comment

Was down at our place outside of Freer over the weekend. As mentioned above, rain please.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
                              Was in Jim Hogg Co yesterday. We definitely need some rain.
                              Didn't find any sheds and bucks on cameras still have headgear. Should be anytime.
                              See any quail?

Comment

Working...
                              X