23-24 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

23-24 East Texas Hunting Thread

These threads seem to be refreshing faster and faster as the years go! Seems that springs has come early this year lol. Me an My core group of friends had a well above average season and we praise the lord for that! We’ve reupped and also picked up a small tract against a large sanctuary we have big excitement on going into this year. Everyone stay blessed, safe, and remember to be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Corey. Hoping for a wetter year and hopefully a weak acorn crop this year. A lot of good deer were passed on because of development or ghosting issues and hopefully the Piney Woods will cough up some studs this year. I’m finding some good sheds now and that’s always fun.

Comment

Yup, sure feels like Spring came fast this year.

Hoping this year is better in general, but especially hunting. Though, I am not sure it can be worse than last year.

Good luck to all and may your fawn numbers be high.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        Thanks Corey. Hoping for a wetter year and hopefully a weak acorn crop this year. A lot of good deer were passed on because of development or ghosting issues and hopefully the Piney Woods will cough up some studs this year. I’m finding some good sheds now and that’s always fun.
        We’re due for a shallow acorn crop at some point 🤪

Comment

These are my thoughts too Terry.

Comment

It’s March and you coconuts are already talking about acorn crops!

I am in for next year and have already started setting up a better stand in my hardwoods. Keeping my fingers crossed for better deer numbers next season. Had one lost sailor return home right at end of season. He has dropped antlers now. Looking forward to watching him again this summer.

Comment

Starting off my 23/24 season with our annual crawfish boil at camp this weekend. Plan to move one feed pen and get some corn and protein out. Hoping to get one patterned that will beat last years buck. Honestly I am really more ready for duck season lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B316A459-93A3-4A41-B859-AC03E6C1C7C2.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	193.4 KB
ID:	24708453

Comment

I’m in [emoji1682]

Comment

Count me in

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Just did that with our mens group on Monday!!

Comment

Can I play...far east Tx...sorta

Comment

Thanks Corey. Hoping for a wetter year
                        You shut your mouf, now. It’s never dry enough in my woods in SE Texas.

Comment

Looking forward to reading these threads and sponging up more advice from better hunters.
                          God bless,
                          Lance

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                            You shut your mouf, now. It’s never dry enough in my woods in SE Texas.
                            same

Comment

Well I don't get to contribute much to the ET thread since I gave up my lease property in East Texas... All I have my place where I live, and this year was one we'll never forget here! Took my oldest grandson (11 at the time) and we sat in our stand behind the house during the Thanksgiving break and he got a doe with his crossbow! First deer off our farm since we bought it in 2015... It was "just a doe", but WOW what a trophy it was for him to get it and on our own land!! That was really something special and the whole family gathered around in the barn while we skinned her out and boxed her up just like we were on a "real" deer lease!!

Name:	IMG_2950.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	141.6 KB
ID:	24708478

Name:	IMG_2959.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	24708479

Comment

Working...