Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sold a vehicle, new owner won’t transfer title/registration. What to do!?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
    Good deal, Bet next time someone ask you to leave the plate on your going to laugh at them.
    I promise you that won’t ever happen again!!!!
    Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    Good deal! Did you give up the idea of taking his plates off?
    Yes. After speaking with a popo buddy, I decided against that idea. Especially after making this post. Technically they were in my name but no longer my property and plate removal/stealing is a crime.

Comment

Have you picked your truck up yet ? You have thr title right ?

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
        Nice timing sir. As a matter of fact, the buyer finally transferred the truck TODAY! I exhausted all options and the cops were no help so I had only one option left. To file a “civil lawsuit” on the buyer. I let the him know last week Monday that if not down by this past Friday, my plan was to file and he would surely being paying for those expenses in the end and well he jumped up and did it. Had one minor hiccup and it was completed today! Thankfully I don’t have to worry about that anymore.
        The hardest lessons are the ones you don't forget.

Comment

If he won't transfer. You still own it. Go get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            Oh, what to do, what to do? Jeez Louise! If you know the guy and where he lives, just go over there and take care of your business...or send your wife over there to do it. We don't have time to read this kind of stuff.
            Right! We are still in a bidding war for some slighty used underwear….��

Comment

Man this thread brings back angry nightmares I had …
              Same thing happened to me…. Only thing that saved me from $6000 toll bills was the form I filled out with Austin and $5 check I wrote …
              When I sold it I tore off that top section of the title and filled it out with the new owners name and info and sent it in….. it was on record… tons of phone calls and a huge hassle but no money out of pocket…
              ALWAYS TAKE YOUR PLATES OFF ANYTHING YOU SELL…. if they. Itch about it walk away from the sale…. TRUST ME GUYS….

Comment

Working...
              X