No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abreu out there at first base is hard to watch. He needs to head over to Mann eye center for a check up without question. how many errors are enough??

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
      Diaz can't stop wild pitches like machete
      Machete leads MLB in passed balls this year and last year.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post

Machete leads MLB in passed balls this year and last year.
        Hes up this year so I bet you wont have to worry about it next season

Comment

Another stellar start for JP France. Third consecutive start with going 7 IP with allowing 2 runs or fewer. Puts him at 7-3 on the year with a 2.85 ERA. Excellent work for a 28 year old rookie drafted in the 14th rd. I just hope he can sustain this level of pitching. I don't want it to be a Cinderella scenario and the he loses the glass slipper.

And what do you know? Yanier Diaz goes 2 for 3 with a run scored along with throwing out baserunner.
          Last edited by GroceryGetter; 08-01-2023, 09:55 AM.

Comment

Verlander to the Astros! Supposedly a done deal!

Comment

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Love it..............Wonder what we gave up??

Comment

Originally posted by BRust View Post
                    Love it..............Wonder what we gave up??
                    Feinsand is reporting two minor leaguers, claiming one is Drew Gilbert.

Comment

LOL! for the ones liking it. If it is Gilbert and Clifford like I am seeing the Stros got fleeced for a 43 mill a year old man rental!

Comment

Yea just confirmed it is Gilbert and Clifford and a lot of cash. This might not turn out well after all.......................

Comment

Should have gone after one or both of the Tigers pitchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            LOL! for the ones liking it. If it is Gilbert and Clifford like I am seeing the Stros got fleeced for a 43 mill a year old man rental!
                            Depends on how much money the Mets eat. They ate quite a bit in the Scherzer trade, I would expect the same here with Gilbert and Clifford involved. Stros had to make a move for a starter, the bullpen is getting worked over so far this season with the injuries to the starters.

Comment

Desperation move. And, the Astros farm system was already in rough shape. Losing these two may sting for quiet a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                                Desperation move. And, the Astros farm system was already in rough shape. Losing these two may sting for quiet a while.
                                Neither one of them was making or breaking the farm system although I am of fan of both players. When you have a team that is on pace for another WS run with a team of veterans that have expiring contracts in the next two seasons (Altuve and Bregman, Tucker expires this season), this is the type of move you have to make.

It looks like the Mets are eating 40% of his salary so that balances the trade imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X