No announcement yet.

Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice win tonight. A lot better pitching than yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdog View Post
      Rays home winning streak ends tonight. Garcia, Maton, Montero and Presley shut out the Rays. Big win, hope we can take the series tomorrow with Hunter Brown on the mound.
      Let’s Gooooooo

Comment

I will take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
          Do they have Julks jersey’s in the Astros store yet? Small sample but I’m liking this kid. I’m also pretty sure a couple of weeks ago he whispered in Meyers ear “you know I can play center field”. Lit a fire under him.
          I agree. Listened to Julia interview him and he’s got a great attitude and seems to be a great fit on the team. Meyers had had his opportunities, time to let Julks make the best of his. The biggest problem is going to be coming up with a nickname for “Julks” 👍

Comment

Do they have Julks jersey’s in the Astros store yet? Small sample but I’m liking this kid. I’m also pretty sure a couple of weeks ago he whispered in Meyers ear “you know I can play center field”. Lit a fire under him.
            Julks is from Friendswood. He has been around a while. He is 27.

Comment

Or the hitting coaches added a leg kick to Meyers swing which has been widely reported by announcers on tv. Hopefully Meyers can keep it up. Julks has earned his spot, don’t think he’s going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Or the hitting coaches added a leg kick to Meyers swing which has been widely reported by announcers on tv. Hopefully Meyers can keep it up. Julks has earned his spot, don’t think he’s going anywhere
                We need the both! Meyers hasn't been the same since his injury, great to see him getting back on track.

Comment

Myers was super nice when we met him at spring training. His face kind of lit up when Joseph asked him to sign his card.

Comment

He first implemented it last Monday versus Toronto and it seems to be serving him well.

Comment

We need the both! Meyers hasn't been the same since his injury, great to see him getting back on track.
                      I agree!

Comment

Myers was super nice when we met him at spring training. His face kind of lit up when Joseph asked him to sign his card.

Yes, Meyers, Stanek, and Tucker were the 3 coolest and nicest guys we met last year at spring training. Meyers is a lot bigger dude than you think when standing next to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, Meyers, Stanek, and Tucker were the 3 coolest and nicest guys we met last year at spring training. Meyers is a lot bigger dude than you think when standing next to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I was thinking ol boy was swole sitting next to the kid getting his card signed!!!

Then hes next to the fence.

Comment

I know, I just like my idea better. It’s good to see him looking like the guy he was before he ran into the wall a couple years ago. With Brantley on the way back and Altuve not that far off the Astros have problems most teams dream of. How do we get all these guys on the field. And when Altuve does come back Dubon has considerable playing time in center. We are outfield rich. Come the Allstar break if there is anything we’re looking for we should have what a seller is looking for.

That’s cool.

Comment

Yes Benno, I’m thinking we will keep one more outfielder than normal. I think when Brantley, McCormick, and Altuve get back, the guys leaving will be Bannon, Salazar, and Hensley. Hensley has done nothing to this point. That only leaves Dubon to spell the middle infield. Diaz has played some 1st and I think Julks played some 3b, but I’m not sure. It will be interesting.

Comment

Julia needs to lay off my boy Hunters slider

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X