Official 2023 Houston Astros season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calrob View Post

Neither was AJ Hinch until he got to Houston.
    AJ Hinch didn't manage a **** thing in houston, he got walked on by everyone above him, and below him. He's an awful manager...but I guess he'd be better than Dusty in that he'd stay out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
      I've seen some speculation that Ron Washington might be a candidate for the Houston job. What are astros fans' opinion of this? I loved him with Texas, but that was many years, and many crack rocks ago. He seems to have gotten it together and resurrected his career with Atlanta.
      He is the sole reason the rangers choked hard in '10 and '11. He would be a death sentence for the Astro's dynasty. Hence why the braves lost in the division series after being the best team in the entire league. He is dusty baker level of idiotic managing decisions.

Comment

Anyone thinking Ron Washington needs to be the next Houston manager is delusional. Please go back and look at his managerial decisions against St. Louis and San Francisco in the Ranger's World Series appearances a decade ago.

Ron Washington is also the same man that tried to convince the public that he first tried cocaine at 60 years old after a positive drug test.

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
          Anyone thinking Ron Washington needs to be the next Houston manager is delusional. Please go back and look at his managerial decisions against St. Louis and San Francisco in the Ranger's World Series appearances a decade ago.

Ron Washington is also the same man that tried to convince the public that he first tried cocaine at 60 years old after a positive drug test.
          If Ron Washington is the next manger, I’ll quit watching and attending games. He’s awful. And the cocaine incident above is spot on. “Baseball do what baseball do”. He’s an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

If Ron Washington is the next manger, I’ll quit watching and attending games. He’s awful. And the cocaine incident above is spot on. “Baseball do what baseball do”. He’s an idiot
            Same here. Never hire a crackhead! Dusty probably politicked for him.

Comment

Martin Maldanado resigned for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

AJ Hinch didn't manage a **** thing in houston, he got walked on by everyone above him, and below him. He's an awful manager...but I guess he'd be better than Dusty in that he'd stay out of the way.
                Thats what Im saying. Hinch wasnt a good manager before or after he was in Houston. When you manage a team with as much talent as Houston has, the team will win in spite of who is managing.

Comment

Martin Maldanado resigned for next year.
                  What are you talking about?

Comment

I think he means re-signed, as in they signed Maldonado to play. I can't find anything on it though.

Comment

Correct, re-signed

Comment

Originally posted by texasdeerhunter View Post

He'd still be the best manager Houston has had in a couple decades or so...but I agree that he wouldn't be a good fit.

Coke or not, the dude is a master instructor/teacher...I just don't think he's built to manage ball games.

Comment

On Maldonado....

Lord I hope not. I can't stand hearing this guy talk. Broken english and a mouth full of marbles makes listening to him unbearable.

Comment

Correct, re-signed
                            Not that I see and I sure hope not

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post

Not that I see and I sure hope not
                              Its true, you'll see it in the next day or two

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

He'd still be the best manager Houston has had in a couple decades or so...but I agree that he wouldn't be a good fit.

Coke or not, the dude is a master instructor/teacher...I just don't think he's built to manage ball games.
                                Ron wouldnt be the best manager Houston had this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X