Stock market and company earnings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock market and company earnings

The last couple of days META (facebook), Intel, and a few others have released earnings reports. Even lower than already lowered guidance. But the markets do not care and rallied these stocks a crap ton.

So my question is... Does anyone with money in the stock market even care or look at what companies earn anymore? Or do they just blindly trust their FA to invest in the best companies and stay invested?

I understand markets forward looking etc... But lets look at META
    Q4 Revenue – $32.17 billion actual versus $31.65 billion expected
    Adjusted Earnings Per Share (EPS) – $1.76 actual versus $2.26 expected

Stock has run from $90 to $150ish in 3 months It's up 20% afterhours to $184.

I see zero reason (other than making a trade) that a person would read this report and long the stock. Maybe the markets are completely inverse now like it seems everything else is?

Or maybe there's so much money that people have to invest that valuations simply don't matter anymore?

Bull market is back. Hope you aren’t short. Any good news will be rewarded. In this case, revenue beat and $40B buy back. Yes. $40B.

Comment

The market is not really about earnings at this point....its about the Fed. Market shot up after Powell spoke today.

Comment

I DCA every month no matter the market.

Comment

Its just another bear market rally, look a the trends its stair stepping down and will continue to until it reaches pre pandemic probably. This is exactly what the Fed was hoping for and is orchestrating, the alternative was a crash.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
            Its just another bear market rally, look a the trends its stair stepping down and will continue to until it reaches pre pandemic probably. This is exactly what the Fed was hoping for and is orchestrating, the alternative was a crash.
            Then go short. Check back with me in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefish View Post
              The market is not really about earnings at this point....its about the Fed. Market shot up after Powell spoke today.
              Powell was hawkish and it still rallied. Investors are ready to pile back in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                Then go short. Check back with me in a year.
                Can you explain why it's a new bull market? Besides feeling it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Can you explain why it's a new bull market? Besides feeling it.
                  SP500 has risen around 13% since the lows last October. Weather it will continue to rise or not, it will depend mostly on the fed interest policy

Comment

The sediment around Powell’s comments seemed likely a soft landing instead of hard crash. The markets are looking 6 months out and if inflation continues to slowly creep down the markets should continue their upward trend.

All the 401k contributions have to go somewhere.

Comment

No I dont care what the companies are earning. I care about the total return from the stock I own.

Comment

Buy low, sell high.

Comment

The bulls are back in town.

Comment

If you can position yourself with energy stocks that pay a decent distribution and hang on until sleepy goes away, you will be rewarded with a good ROI when the stocks soar.

Comment

Famous Jack Bogle quote, the market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent? So buy the whole market and hold forever.

It has worked quite well for me. VTI and chill.

Comment

Working...
                              X