X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twist
    replied
    Originally posted by Ham View Post
    BB store is fine imo. Warranties/parts are through the manufacturer.
    You might be surprised.

Texas Star Grill Shop is good about fixing something that goes out, at least within the first year anyway. They’re in the Houston area and if you buy a grill from them and are in their service area, they’ll assemble and deliver the grill you buy at no extra charge.

My younger brother bought the big Green Mountain pellet grill from them probably a year and a half ago. Hot Rod went out, he contacted Texas Star and Green Mountain.

Texas Star sent someone out there the same day to install a replacement at no charge, Green Mountain sent him one on warranty so he still has a spare.

Point is, there are definitely shops that stand behind what they sell and will make sure that you get back up and running as quickly as possible without having to possibly wait on a manufacturer delay.

Leave a comment:

• Ham
    replied
    BB store is fine imo. Warranties/parts are through the manufacturer.

Leave a comment:

• dphillips62
    replied
    My Reqteq is out for delivery today. Guess I will see if it's all It's cracked up to be this will be my first pellet smoker. think I may try it out this weekend

Leave a comment:

• tps7742
    replied
    Thanks for all of the information shared on this thread. It’s on my radar screen to get a pellet grill and I didn’t realize there were so many different brands. I use to enjoy grilling but that’s been many moons ago. I still grill but it’s e really not my thing.
    Question: Do I need to buy “said grill” at a specialty store or go to a big box store is as good? Is there a difference in the quality? Thanks

Leave a comment:

• dtsalim
    replied
    I have a Pit Boss PB850PS2 and like it. Price isn't bad and wife can easily use it. Recommend a good cleaning it every couple times or once after a long smoke. If you don't it can be a pain.

Leave a comment:

• Mike D
    replied
    Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    I have GMG, and it has done well for its age, but if I were to do it again, I probably would go with another mfg. It become wildly unpredictable when it will work right. My favorite are the ‘smoke explosions’ every once in a while.

If I did it again, I might look at PittBoss. Maybe even pull out the big guns and seriously look at Pitt & Spitts. While I am sure their overall build is great, I am curious about the controller/etc., because that has been where all my issues are with my current GMG.

I’m almost 4 years on my P&S with no controller issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• bgleaton
    replied
    You can't beat this pellet grill, especially for the $:
    Shop for Pellet Smokers at Tractor Supply Co. Buy online, free in-store pickup. Shop today!

Leave a comment:

• BonesandArrow
    replied
    A pellet grill is like the 6.5 man bun. I’d rather burn mesquite and grill for a couple hours than fire up a pellet grill. But I have one and haven’t burned mesquite in a few years. It will ruin you!

Leave a comment:

• trophy8
    replied
    Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
    Does the Recteq 590 get hot enough for steaks. Going to buy a stick burner but thinking about replacing my gas grill with a pellet grill for the times when we want a quick meal.
    Yes! Add the grill grates. Searing grates. It gets HOT. 600+ easy. Makes incredible ribeyes.

I’ve had mine for 13-14 months and it’s way better built than my treager pro 22 was.

Leave a comment:

• Greenheadless
    replied
    I have GMG, and it has done well for its age, but if I were to do it again, I probably would go with another mfg. It become wildly unpredictable when it will work right. My favorite are the ‘smoke explosions’ every once in a while.

If I did it again, I might look at PittBoss. Maybe even pull out the big guns and seriously look at Pitt & Spitts. While I am sure their overall build is great, I am curious about the controller/etc., because that has been where all my issues are with my current GMG.
    Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-08-2023, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Flyway12
    replied
    Love my yoder

Leave a comment:

• SneakyPhil
    replied
    I bought a Rectec Bullseye about a year and a half ago. Never really had any problems with it. I use it at least once a weekend. My favorite thing to do on it is tri-tip.

Only thing I would do different is get a larger Rectec.

Leave a comment:

• Graysonhogs
    replied
    Pellet Grill direction

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
    Yes it does. You have to tend it. If there is one you can stoke at 200 degrees and have it be 200 degrees in the morning I’ll have to see it.

Agree to disagree. It’s not some laborious, arduous task people make it out to be. Worth it to me to add an occasional split. But
    I enjoy the process. Far from babysitting. I do have both offsets and pellet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leave a comment:

• BigL
    replied
    Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
    Who carries the recteq pits? What about their pellets are they ready available for purchase at stores?
    Bought mine on Amazon with free delivery and free setup. While you're at it buy a smoke tube.

I buy the post oak pellets at HEB

I just smoked an 8# brisket on it yesterday. Did great, got it to 203 before dinner. It's only my 2nd brisket on it. Does a great job but I somewhat missed tending to the fire all day.

Leave a comment:

• Chase4556
    replied
    Originally posted by Twist View Post
    I’ve seen it happen, but on very large pits only. Basically commercial and competition grade only.

That said, and I’ve put it out there several times here before, I’ve done more than my fair share of all nighters in the past. I’m at the point in life to where I’d rather set the grill and walk away, go crash out and and come back to what I was expecting. I’m perfectly fine with letting technology do the work from here on. And my current main pellet grill has as 35 lb hopper so it will absolutely run all night, easily.
    Yep, I loved my stick burner but tending to it all night was a pain.

I use a Thermoworks smoke to keep an eye on grate temps, if it gets out of wack for any reason high or low, the alarm wakes me from my slumber and I go figure it out.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X