No announcement yet.

Pellet Grill direction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who carries the recteq pits? What about their pellets are they ready available for purchase at stores?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
      Who carries the recteq pits? What about their pellets are they ready available for purchase at stores?

Recteq is direct to consumer from what I’ve found. I wouldn’t worry about using their brand of pellets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Recteq 590

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
          I got a RecTeq RT-700 for Christmas and I love it. You guys that want to babysit your stick burner go ahead. I used to do that. I'll just be over here taking a nap and cooking my butts, briskets, ribs, etc.

^^^^
          Mine is the fancy contraption you can operate from your phone, which I also love.
          A good stick burner doesn't need babysitting. FTR, I have both and they both have their place.

Comment

Does the Recteq 590 get hot enough for steaks. Going to buy a stick burner but thinking about replacing my gas grill with a pellet grill for the times when we want a quick meal.

Comment

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
              A good stick burner doesn't need babysitting. FTR, I have both and they both have their place.

Yes it does. You have to tend it. If there is one you can stoke at 200 degrees and have it be 200 degrees in the morning I’ll have to see it.

Comment

Yes it does. You have to tend it. If there is one you can stoke at 200 degrees and have it be 200 degrees in the morning I’ll have to see it.
                I’ve seen it happen, but on very large pits only. Basically commercial and competition grade only.

That said, and I’ve put it out there several times here before, I’ve done more than my fair share of all nighters in the past. I’m at the point in life to where I’d rather set the grill and walk away, go crash out and and come back to what I was expecting. I’m perfectly fine with letting technology do the work from here on. And my current main pellet grill has as 35 lb hopper so it will absolutely run all night, easily.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  Love my PittBoss.
                  I love mine too. Got it for Christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                    I’ve seen it happen, but on very large pits only. Basically commercial and competition grade only.

That said, and I’ve put it out there several times here before, I’ve done more than my fair share of all nighters in the past. I’m at the point in life to where I’d rather set the grill and walk away, go crash out and and come back to what I was expecting. I’m perfectly fine with letting technology do the work from here on. And my current main pellet grill has as 35 lb hopper so it will absolutely run all night, easily.
                    Yep, I loved my stick burner but tending to it all night was a pain.

I use a Thermoworks smoke to keep an eye on grate temps, if it gets out of wack for any reason high or low, the alarm wakes me from my slumber and I go figure it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow Slinger View Post
                      Bought mine on Amazon with free delivery and free setup. While you're at it buy a smoke tube.

I buy the post oak pellets at HEB

I just smoked an 8# brisket on it yesterday. Did great, got it to 203 before dinner. It's only my 2nd brisket on it. Does a great job but I somewhat missed tending to the fire all day.

Comment

Pellet Grill direction

Agree to disagree. It’s not some laborious, arduous task people make it out to be. Worth it to me to add an occasional split. But
                        I enjoy the process. Far from babysitting. I do have both offsets and pellet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bought a Rectec Bullseye about a year and a half ago. Never really had any problems with it. I use it at least once a weekend. My favorite thing to do on it is tri-tip.

Only thing I would do different is get a larger Rectec.

Comment

Love my yoder

Comment

I have GMG, and it has done well for its age, but if I were to do it again, I probably would go with another mfg. It become wildly unpredictable when it will work right. My favorite are the ‘smoke explosions’ every once in a while.

If I did it again, I might look at PittBoss. Maybe even pull out the big guns and seriously look at Pitt & Spitts. While I am sure their overall build is great, I am curious about the controller/etc., because that has been where all my issues are with my current GMG.
                              Last edited by Greenheadless; 02-08-2023, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenner97 View Post
                                Does the Recteq 590 get hot enough for steaks. Going to buy a stick burner but thinking about replacing my gas grill with a pellet grill for the times when we want a quick meal.
                                Yes! Add the grill grates. Searing grates. It gets HOT. 600+ easy. Makes incredible ribeyes.

I’ve had mine for 13-14 months and it’s way better built than my treager pro 22 was.

Comment

Working...
                                X