Dallas zoo (who dunnit?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
    I won't condone the criminals actions, but you have to admit, a zoo is a really strange place. Animals confined to tiny little cages relative to their natural environment, eating whatever we throw to them. For example, the elephant enclosure at Houston zoo is MAYBE 2 acres. For multiple elephants. The giraffe enclosure is half that size. That's not normal. Lock a human in a cage that is an acre, and we are going nuts after a day or two.

Again, not agreeing or justifying criminal activity. Just an observation.
    I was there staring at those exact elephants not to long ago thinking the same thing. I had my 7 and 2 year old with me, and that trip sparked an interest in learning about all types of animals, where they come from, their habitat ect...in both my kids. My 2 year old favorite toys and subject right now is animals. So I guess if I was grasping for a straw to justify the caged environment it would be that it helps spark interest in kids and adults in the city and in turn the continued future protection of animals and their environment.

Comment

I think it was the trunk monkey!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
        I’d bet a snickers bar and coke it’s some genius hood rat doing genius hood rat stuff. The leopard was a small / docile type. Probably some genius figured a way to get the monkeys out of the zoo, genius part, and took them down south w/ the intention of selling them (genius hood rat part). Then realized he’d screwed up, stashed the primates, and called in the location of where they could be picked up. Ugh.

My wild speculation.
        Ha! You have a good speculator amigo...

Comment

Originally posted by Redfeathers View Post
          I think it was the trunk monkey!!

trunk monkey got it going on!

Comment

Trunk monkey will never let you down

Comment

Working...
            X